oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Lowe and Boye for Fletch and Gestede? Maybe.

Maybe Boye is seen as more of the 'Firmino' type.

I've figured out who he reminds me of.....Dirk Kuyt

Powerful, ex-CF, played wide, worked his socks off, not the quickest but could tackle, used his body and footwork well and scored a few goals. His goal rate at Liverpool was pretty similar to Boye's at AEK also.

• Like 2
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

We must have higher quality targets lined up for the RW position if we are passing up on Lowe for £2.5m. Jacob Murphy maybe

Newcastle gouged West Brom's bank with a close to 7 figure loan fee in January I really doubt we go down the Murphy/Grosicki 40k a week path again.

22 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

highlights from last nights meet and greet.

Really do love the way how Woody speaks, can tell he has that passion and desire to really do well for the team he supports. 

Think Keane speaks really well aswell, can tell he’s competitive haha

Excellent piece, fair play BS, an enjoyable watch

• Like 1

Did Murphy even do anything at wba? I watched a bit of Diangana idk he might be a bit ‘too’ raw, struggling to think of who we could go for on the right. Unless Boye is the one we’ve picked.

Just now, LinoJo3 said:

Did Murphy even do anything at wba? I watched a bit of Diangana idk he might be a bit ‘too’ raw, struggling to think of who we could go for on the right. Unless Boye is the one we’ve picked.

No, he was pretty poor for them. He came in to offer the width that Harvey Barnes had provided, before returning to Leicester.  They fell away badly because Murphy is quick, but doesn't have anywhere near the ability or maturity of Barnes

Boye has positives he's near the end of a 4 year contract on a 1 million transfer so his wages are probably really low, the original price I saw Torino want was 3 million euros that was maybe a week or so ago maybe we negotiate them down to 2.5 million euros?

Not sure how good he is/isn't looking through his history seems he struggled for Torino for a season and a half joined Celta Vigo for 5 months who had an option to buy set at 12 million euros then to Athens and here we are now.

3 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

SDS said earlier we see him as a forward. Boye that is

I was reading about Murphy at West Brom when we were linked a while back.

He was poo initially, had a couple of great games and had people more positive then went back to poo.

I don't think he meets the current criteria of what we are after.

Surprised to here so many dislike the idea of Lowe. He's just turned 25, has pace, plays in the exact position we need and was one of the most productive players in L1. It's 2.5 million not 15 million. I know we are being stringent but 2.5m is chicken feed even to half the championship. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, Dan1234 said:

Surprised to here so many dislike the idea of Lowe. He's just turned 25, has pace, plays in the exact position we need and was one of the most productive players in L1. It's 2.5 million not 15 million. I know we are being stringent but 2.5m is chicken feed even to half the championship. 

Agree with this, I liked the look of Lowe and would have been very happy to see him sign for Boro. I'm withholding too much disappointment on the basis the club think they are able to get someone over the line for the same position that they feel are better. Fingers crossed. 

19 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

He's just turned 25, has pace, plays in the exact position we need and was one of the most productive players in L1. It's 2.5 million not 15 million. I know we are being stringent but 2.5m is chicken feed even to half the championship

Although signing Lowe is a risk I do think we have missed out. Not overly upset as there are other options out there for us. And you say £2.5 Million isn't much in the grand scheme of things. We sold Flint for almost double that! 

Unsure about Lowe, part of me thinks he could be an unearthed diamond, but then the other part can't overlook the fact that few championship club's have gone after his signature. 

Seems like someone who could have filled gaps on the wings mind you 

I do wonder how serious we ever were about Lowe. Yes there's been a link there all summer, but I think it's been fairly obvious that it's always been "Wigan and a few other clubs including Middlesbrough", rather than us ever being leading the pack.