oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

8 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

There was speculation yesterday I think we were looking at a Colchester full back Kane Vincent-Young. Right footer but played left back last year. Colchester are about to sign an ex Arsenal graduate left back. Maybe if Dijksteel is off we have changed targets to Vincent-Young. He was ex Spurs academy. 

He'd definitely be cheaper, he started out as a winger apparently so he'd fit with how Woody wants his fbs to play.

Colchester have a decent winger as well - Courtney Senior, I wonder if we've ever been interested in him.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 minute ago, nunthorpered said:

Im not sure on fees on this one, just that Boro were quietly in for him. 

I think he is a lot quicker than Dijksteel. It looks like we are looking at a lot of players who have been let go from big clubs academies, have gone and developed at lower league and perhaps we can maximise their potential.

• Like 4

I reckon Dijksteel is still happening (with no inside info, just my own opinion). The Bristol info seems like Charlton trying to force us to meet their demands. But we're playing the same game with the Hutton link. Undoubtedly if & when he does sign, he will say "it was only ever going to be Middlesbrough"

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Tom said:

I reckon Dijksteel is still happening (with no inside info, just my own opinion). The Bristol info seems like Charlton trying to force us to meet their demands. But we're playing the same game with the Hutton link. Undoubtedly if & when he does sign, he will say "it was only ever going to be Middlesbrough"

and we'll say "look another progressive rich club that he turned down for us!"

There was just something weird about Bowyer mentioning the Bristol City thing in his presser. Managers will usually say something like "there has been a bid from another club", but not name them. Or will say "As far as I know, Middlesbrough have put a bid in" etc. Just throwing Bristol in there seemed almost like a calculated move, perhaps something he'd been instructed to say. 

Or maybe I'm overthinking it.

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

There was just something weird about Bowyer mentioning the Bristol City thing in his presser. Managers will usually say something like "there has been a bid from another club", but not name them. Or will say "As far as I know, Middlesbrough have put a bid in" etc. Just throwing Bristol in there seemed almost like a calculated move, perhaps something he'd been instructed to say. 

Or maybe I'm overthinking it.

Did have a slight feeling of orchestration. Makes me wonder if their owner is trying to publicly start a bidding war as has been mentioned on here previously.

If the following happened before deadline day I would be very happy: I am aware its unlikely but no one can accuse me of not being realistic.

IN:
RB: Djiksteel £2m
CB: Jack Stephens £2m
Winger: Jacob Murphy Loan
AM: Marcus Maddison £2m

OUT:
Shotton: £1.5m
Marv: 500k
Youngsters out on loan

Total income: £11m
Total outlay: £7m

At start of summer i was in favour of loan system but not anymore. Hence why i want majority of our business to be permanent signings on players we can develop.

I get the reservations about Maddison but i think he a risk worth taking. Reports/rumours say he could be a bit of a challenge personality wise but i really think one of JW strong points already seem to be his man management skills. He comes across as a manager who will put his arms around his guys and i think that is the way to go as it creates an environment where players want to succeed. 

Is Jack Stephens not a bit of a crock? I may be getting him mixed up with someone else. 

Not particularly fussed on Murphy or Maddison. Would probably prefer Kent or Diangana.  

I'm still not sure what Stephens' best role is. Obviously he didn't play a great deal when we had him on loan. But the one game that stands out in my mind was when we won on penalties at Old Trafford. Recall him having an impressive game as a Clayton-esque holding midfielder. But he seems to have solely played as a CB since going back to Southampton.

• Like 1