oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I thought they wanted something daft like £12m for him?  I guess nobody is biting at that amount though.

They've had absolutely no interest at that price, no one will pay that. I would suspect they will be looking for sell on clauses though to maximise their profit from him

4 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

We are pushing to sign Ryan Kent... 4Mil but with promotion related addons. Dijksteel is still on as far as boro are concerned.

Must be streching our budget to the absolute limit there.

Someone said our budget was £4.5m left a day or two ago. Dijksteel and Kent goes significantly over that. Must be outgoings 

Plus, you'd have to wonder if indeed we can afford this, who else can? They're not just dropping the price for us, there are other clubs certainly in this division who will probably be interested at that kind of price. We'll do well to convince him this is the best place to be.

Just listening to the EFL preview, had no idea Nuge had gone back to Preston. Good signing for them.

• Like 2

If we get Dijksteel for 2 million and think we can cover the ST+CB gaps with loans is it crazy to think that we wouldn't pay 4 million on the right winger target?

I think we bid 4 million in January for Grosicki I can't imagine the winger/CB/ST will all be loans right?

I wonder if Kent might actually be one of the PL loans? A loan with a commitment to buy next season? Either way, you'd imagine paying in instalments wouldn't be an issue for a club like Liverpool, £4m would be chump change to them.  

Also, the Peterbrough chairman on Twitter has confirmed that 3 Championship clubs have bid for Ivan Toney this summer. Nothing to say we are one of them, but there has been reported interest historically, of course.

Liverpool will be very disappointed to not get at least 10mil for Kent considering they got 15mil for ibe before the fees went mad.

18 minutes ago, Tom said:

I wonder if Kent might actually be one of the PL loans? A loan with a commitment to buy next season? Either way, you'd imagine paying in instalments wouldn't be an issue for a club like Liverpool, £4m would be chump change to them.  

Think that may be more what we are after. Come next season we will certainly have a few more out the door, due to contracts expiring. So that may free up funds to buy him next summer.

Also makes it a little clearer as to why we have moved on from Lowe. I'm not going to lie I thought Kent was a no-go due to Liverpool wanting to sell him.

Dijksteel and Kent would certainly sort our right-hand side out.  Still think we need another centre back and another winger in my opinion. That is before any outgoings.

Main names for the RW being mentioned now are Kent, Murphy and Diangana. I’m sure we’d all be more than happy with any of those 3 at the minute. Probably more names we don’t know about yet too

• Like 2