oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

12 minutes ago, smudgemfc89 said:

On a serious note, I find it frustrating that the club seem to have let Woodgate down a bit. 

They told him we would have someone in the door within 48 hours at the meet and greet, he then tells the fans in a honest manner and yet we still have nothing official. 

Can we please stop trying to play some blame game with the club? Transfers are difficult, things change. Have some patience and hope for the best

• Like 2
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

If we hope to sign 5 which according to SDS were 2 permanent and 3 loans,who will they be? 

Name those player's.......and let's look back in a weeks time to see if anyone got close 

The Kent talk reminds me of this story a month ago that maybe telegraphed the waiting game we're in which maybe signals we're targeting Kent?

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/17749340.boro-wait-liverpool-s-decision/

Diangana leaving on loan isn't a given either Pellegrini's already told Championship clubs a couple of days ago Josh Cullen is staying with WHU despite the numerous midfielders they have with Yarmolenko's injury history he could easily be short a proper winger in a couple of months.

My 1 disappointment so far is we still seem to be very domestic on recruitment besides the random Boye link teams in our league are signing 1-2 million pound wingers from all over Europe Petersons/Valencias etc that's where they see value and potential in that position. My only worry is if Kent goes to a Rangers, Diangana stays how far down a last minute list do we go? Josh Sims?

7 days is alot of time hopefully, if we are still in for Kent, he likes Woody more than he liked Monk 2 years ago!

Shame we didn't go for Bayliss from Coventry. He's just signed for Preston for £2m.

Would also like us to sign Yearwood as a replacement for Clayton. He'd only be around 300k/400k. We could loan him out to this season as he's only 19 years old.

44 minutes ago, Hobo said:
46 minutes ago, smudgemfc89 said:

On a serious note, I find it frustrating that the club seem to have let Woodgate down a bit. 

They told him we would have someone in the door within 48 hours at the meet and greet, he then tells the fans in a honest manner and yet we still have nothing official. 

The statement could have been true at the time, to the best of their belief.  Things change.  Assuming it was Dijksteel, with agreed terms, etc, it may have only slipped when Bristol came in.

Also, Woodgate actually said 'hopefully' there would be a signing in 'the next 48-72 hours'. That 72 is important as obviously we're still within that time. But the 'hopefully' bit is more important.

34 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

If we hope to sign 5 which according to SDS were 2 permanent and 3 loans,who will they be? 

Name those player's.......and let's look back in a weeks time to see if anyone got close 

Dijksteel (Perm)

Gibson (Loan)

Kent (Loan)

Diangana (Loan)

The other permanent I believe was supposed to be Boye, but we couldn't shift Gestede.

1 minute ago, daveh333 said:

In Rangers news its reported Gerrard has a verbal agreement with klopp if kent is allowed on loan.

Sounds like we want Kent on a permanent though