Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Everything we've seen suggests we're not playing with 'wingers'.

Yea, fair. I guess my expectation is players who can both cut inside and drift out wide from that position.  Perhaps misusing the term 'wingers'.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

I would be very, very surprised if he did that.

I mean he was on course for that with us if he was a starter and he got no real service... 

2 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I mean he was on course for that with us if he was a starter and he got no real service..

3 of his 6 goals were penalties. From open play he's terrible.

47 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He's exactly the same option as he was last season and the season before.  Do you think he's suddenly improved?  He was a direct winger who could cross a ball and that's pretty much what we saw last night, wasn't it?  He had a good game, he has had good games in the past for us as well, not a lot, but at least one or two.

I wasn't trying to say that Johnson was a fantastic winger who was going to be player of the season, but just by being here and present, he is at least an option. I'm sure I'm not alone in making the assumption up until a fortnight or so ago that he would be one of the first out.

I'm not saying that we don't need at least one attacking player by Thursday. We definitely do. But I think Coulson and Johnson will do okay when called on.

• Like 1

Hopefully the end to transfer window is as exciting as the game last night! But it's imperative a RB,CB is signed as it showed without this we're going to be leaking goals as Howson or Shotton are exposed when filling in these positions. Then I would say another winger is needed as Fletcher isn't a winger as he doesn't track back which lead to Coulson being exposed time and time again as he had to mark 2 player's. A striker on loan would also be nice as if Britt gets a injury we'll be counting on Fletcher and Gestede to step up.  

• Like 1

I think the way Woodgate wants us to play could see us get the best out of Johnson, he has pace, he makes the runs and he puts good balls in the box, now that we are actually getting players forward he could get a fair few assists. 

Not saying Johnson is going to produce week in week out but at the same time I don’t think we have a single outfield player that is that consistent. He’s not the worst option to have. 

21 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Hopefully the end to transfer window is as exciting as the game last night! But it's imperative a RB,CB is signed as it showed without this we're going to be leaking goals as Howson or Shotton are exposed when filling in these positions. Then I would say another winger is needed as Fletcher isn't a winger as he doesn't track back which lead to Coulson being exposed time and time again as he had to mark 2 player's. A striker on loan would also be nice as if Britt gets a injury we'll be counting on Fletcher and Gestede to step up.  

Fletcher doesn't track back because he's pressing up the field, once you beat the press ofc your defence is exposed. You either want them pressing up the pitch or sitting compact as a unit, you can't have it both ways.

• Like 1