Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Not falling in line with the 'make Coulson a winger' crowd. Just because he looked better as an attacker than a defender is not sufficient reason to do that. Think he's exactly the full back we need on that side and we should allow him to develop as such. I'd rather not shoehorn him into left wing because we have no proper wingers, especially as we're not playing with out and out wingers anyway. Keep him as a full-back, that's where he looked best in pre-season for me.

• Like 3

I seem to remember mention that Shotton had been carrying an injury for pretty much half of last season so let's not be too hasty to get on his back. He didn't play well yesterday, but he's still a squad option for right back and centre back at the moment. Would I like better options? Sure. But if he's still around the squad come the end of transfer deadline, I'm sure we'll need him through the season. He'll know himself he needs to do better than yesterday if he wants to stay in the team. 

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Not falling in line with the 'make Coulson a winger' crowd. Just because he looked better as an attacker than a defender is not sufficient reason to do that. Think he's exactly the full back we need on that side and we should allow him to develop as such. I'd rather not shoehorn him into left wing because we have no proper wingers, especially as we're not playing with out and out wingers anyway. Keep him as a full-back, that's where he looked best in pre-season for me.

Agreed - plus as a youngster coming into the team, he's going to need time to develop especially on the defensive side and co-ordinating with the other defenders. I think he had some shaky spells in defence yesterday but could have done with more cover when Luton started targeting him but he kept going and rather than hiding, he pushed forward and was a threat for us down the left. I think that shows good character. But he's young, he'll make mistakes, that's how you learn. 

11 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Well club are not happy about Dijksteel playing today. Think that's dead in the water now. That is only my thoughts though.

So Hutton confirmed? 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, whitey said:

Does anyone think Walker would get much game time once he’s back from injury? all I know about him is he smashed the goals in for me on football manager lol

I think it seems likely if Fletcher goes that we'll see Burrell or Walker around the team. Interesting to see whether we'll look to loan them out instead though. Walker seems to be pretty highly rated but the injury might have set his chances back a bit.

16 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think it seems likely if Fletcher goes that we'll see Burrell or Walker around the team. Interesting to see whether we'll look to loan them out instead though. Walker seems to be pretty highly rated but the injury might have set his chances back a bit.

Is selling fletcher a good idea? He’s still young has potential and don’t think we’d recoup the money we spent, would think he’s quite far down on the list of players we’d ideally sell?

41 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Well club are not happy about Dijksteel playing today. Think that's dead in the water now. That is only my thoughts though.

It’s going back many moons, but didn’t we play Palister at home for first match of the season then sold him midweek? 

Could be wrong but if I was Charlton manager and he wasn’t sold he would have played too. Tbf

10 minutes ago, Adam P said:

Watching Forest vs WBA you can see why we were interested in Sawyers, outstanding today. Brentford will miss him big style IMO. 

I agree! His pace, forward movement and directness is what we are missing post Adama

6 minutes ago, whitey said:

Is selling fletcher a good idea? He’s still young has potential and don’t think we’d recoup the money we spent, would think he’s quite far down on the list of players we’d ideally sell?

I agree, the only thing that's really swung me is that others have said he's apparently on about £30-35k. We can probably get players with about as much potential as he has for less money than that.