oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

5 minutes ago, edinboro said:

But he could have been told to wait. Come Wednesday Gibson may have signed it off. Agent just wanted his money I guess.

Or he wanted to make sure that he got a move so he can play and as it’s just a 1 year loan he didn’t really care which club he ended up at. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, edinboro said:

But he could have been told to wait. Come Wednesday Gibson may have signed it off. Agent just wanted his money I guess.

That isn't really how it works though unfortunately. Players can't wait around for us to sort our own *** out.

17 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

I don’t believe we were really in for him tbh .. looked like an agent touting him about from the start 

We were in for him for sure.

If we arent able to get dijksteel in would anyone want danny Simpson? Still without  a club and is a few years younger than Hutton. Short term solution yes but I think I'd be happy enough with him.

• Like 1

Cannot understand why Shotton is getting so much bad press from the fans.

The guy was playing in a central position obviously because we are carrying injuries to our central defence and he was playing at DLC totally out of his natural position.

When fit Shotton carries a great deal of speed he has an excellent thrown in, is strong and playing at right wing back he is a great asset to the team. You simply cannot judge him on that opening game.

Clayton has we have seen time and time again these past few seasons under various managers as suffered quite a bit (Monk/Pulis and now by the looks of things Woodgate)  . 

I feel for the Clayton much like I did for Leadbitter when it happened to him. Managers are not doing him any favours dropping him so deep he really needs to be played higher up he field so that he can start running at opposition and creating. Then and only then will you see him performing at his best.

Howson really needs to be allowed to move further forward I would not say put him in the present Clayton position because he would also be stifled.Hey it was great to see finally why we have McNair at our club, thought he and Johnson had great games especially Johnson creating those vital pass's for the 2 goals.

Can't leave without mentioning the guy I love to hate.

Assombalonga yes I just love to hate that guy.

He's greatest asset that I can see on the field is clearing our own box with his strong headers. Its just a pity he does not have that quality at the other end of the field when faced with scoring in the oppositions goal. What was it 15 goals last season and to score that many he missed like 5 times that amount of chances or maybe more I lost count.

Keane really needs to get on top of that fella and who knows we may even see more goals and less missed chances and ffs don't let him take another penalty.

Nuff said

• Like 1

Sky saying Leicester could bid for Tarkowski to replace Maguire. Burnley in turn could replace him with free agent Cahill. Although I could fully see Burnley making a bid for Fry as well if they sell Tarkowski for the reported £40m. Time will tell I guess..

18 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Surely Tarkowski leaving just means they might actually give Gibson some game time.

I fully expect Fry to still be here by the end of Thursday.

Tarkowski is a right footed CB and plays alongside Ben Mee who is solely a left footed CB. 

Now i have regularly seen two right footed CBs play together. However, i dont recall ever seeing two left footed CBs as a pairing.

Therefore for that reason I dont see Gibson and Ben Mee as a pairing.

6 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

If we arent able to get dijksteel in would anyone want danny Simpson? Still without  a club and is a few years younger than Hutton. Short term solution yes but I think I'd be happy enough with him.

Yes Danny Simpson would be a good shout for me better than what we have at the moment.If we signed another right back Simpson would be good cover'

53 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Sky saying Leicester could bid for Tarkowski to replace Maguire. Burnley in turn could replace him with free agent Cahill. Although I could fully see Burnley making a bid for Fry as well if they sell Tarkowski for the reported £40m. Time will tell I guess..

They are interested in Ajer from Celtic too. I think he is more realistic as he would be a lot cheaper. 

43 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Tarkowski is a right footed CB and plays alongside Ben Mee who is solely a left footed CB. 

Now i have regularly seen two right footed CBs play together. However, i dont recall ever seeing two left footed CBs as a pairing.

Therefore for that reason I dont see Gibson and Ben Mee as a pairing.

Surely that’s just because left footers are more rare than right footers. How is two left footers any worse than two right footers? Unless Gibson has done something to annoy Burnley I agree that he is the obvious replacement. 

7 minutes ago, sackrobson2 said:

Surely that’s just because left footers are more rare than right footers. How is two left footers any worse than two right footers? Unless Gibson has done something to annoy Burnley I agree that he is the obvious replacement. 

The psychology behind it is that most players are right footed. So, subconsciously, players pass to other players right foot - or have to take another moments thought to process passing it to a player's left foot, and at this level, every split second decision counts.

There's loads of managers and coaches who're wary of left footed keepers for the same reason. 

6 minutes ago, sackrobson2 said:

Logically yes but Dyche dropped Gibson from the squad for last game of season to allow left back Ward a place on bench for his final game for club.

When explaining decision he said i needed cover for right side of CB so could not drop Keith Long and Ben understood why he was omitted. Therefore that tells me Dyche does not see Gibson as a viable option for the right side of his defence.