Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Dijksteel is still on, club was annoyed that he played as thought the deal with Charlton was agreed. 

Hutton to come in if Dijksteel falls through. 

Still worried that Fry will go. He wants to stay but might not be up to him. Lets just hope Tarkowski doesn't leave. 

Can't see any chance of Gibson coming back here. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Think we'd leave ourselves with a lot of work to do if Fry went. We'd need a first choice cb, at least 1 winger and a RB with not much time left.

Wonder how much we would get with Webster going for 22m? Fry is at least as good now for me, and a few years younger with a much higher ceiling. 

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Dijksteel is still on, club was annoyed that he played as thought the deal with Charlton was agreed. 

Still worried that Fry will go. He wants to stay but might not be up to him. Lets just hope Tarkowski doesn't leave. 

Not a chance we let Fry go without replacing with someone of equal quality or at least very close. The defence is already a shambles as it is!

For me I think even if Fry stays we still need another CB as cover. I think it's a huge gamble to rely on Wood/Stubbs over a full season. I also think it needs to be silly money for Fry now as it's going to be difficult to not only replace him but with somebody of a decent standard. We also have very little time to replace him. 

I know Woodgate said that he is our most valuable player at the moment as well although I dont think that will have much influence in our decision with him.

I wouldn’t accept anything less than what Brighton have paid for Webster. Fry has also been in the England set-up and is younger so that should add a few extra million. 

Just now, daveh333 said:

I would say 25 million at least with a sell on clause.

It’s late in the window, they will have a lot of money from the Tarkowski sale and NEED someone in. If we were to sell this is where the transfer team needs to be stubborn and get the absolute best price for him. Tell them no less than £30m and wait until they are forced to go for it like all other clubs seem to do 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Thanks Lurker was unsure if the club would walk away as I was told on Friday it was all agreed. 

• Like 3

To sell Fry it would have to be for a lot of money and most if not all of this money would have to be going on two first team ready CBs, a top quality winger and potentially another winger