oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Fenerbahce Michael Frey, who is not one of the names of the new season squad, once again on the radar of the British ... Yellow-lacivertliler for the Swiss scorer before the door of a second offer was claimed Middlesbrough.

No idea what that means.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Dan1234 said:

Unless we have something lined up for Fletcher?

The strikers we're being linked with are all very tall.. wouldn't make sense to have 2 target men and get rid of Fletcher.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

The strikers we're being linked with are all very tall.. wouldn't make sense to have 2 target men and get rid of Fletcher.

Agree specially when fletcher can cover left and central forward positions

5 hours ago, Motor Mouth said:

Cannot understand why Shotton is getting so much bad press from the fans.

The guy was playing in a central position obviously because we are carrying injuries to our central defence and he was playing at DLC totally out of his natural position.

When fit Shotton carries a great deal of speed he has an excellent thrown in, is strong and playing at right wing back he is a great asset to the team. You simply cannot judge him on that opening game.

Clayton has we have seen time and time again these past few seasons under various managers as suffered quite a bit (Monk/Pulis and now by the looks of things Woodgate)  . 

I feel for the Clayton much like I did for Leadbitter when it happened to him. Managers are not doing him any favours dropping him so deep he really needs to be played higher up he field so that he can start running at opposition and creating. Then and only then will you see him performing at his best.

Howson really needs to be allowed to move further forward I would not say put him in the present Clayton position because he would also be stifled.Hey it was great to see finally why we have McNair at our club, thought he and Johnson had great games especially Johnson creating those vital pass's for the 2 goals.

Can't leave without mentioning the guy I love to hate.

Assombalonga yes I just love to hate that guy.

He's greatest asset that I can see on the field is clearing our own box with his strong headers. Its just a pity he does not have that quality at the other end of the field when faced with scoring in the oppositions goal. What was it 15 goals last season and to score that many he missed like 5 times that amount of chances or maybe more I lost count.

Keane really needs to get on top of that fella and who knows we may even see more goals and less missed chances and ffs don't let him take another penalty.

Nuff said

Are you Tony Pulis in disguise?  You must have loved last season.

Shotton is being judged on his performances since he joined us.  He's not a RWB, he never was.  He played RB because Pulis likes 4 big CBs across the back.  He had a handful of games where he didn't look incompetent at RB, but was largely a liability.  He's demonstrated repeatedly that he's incapable of passing the ball out and is capable only of hoofing long balls, which is not how we want to play.  He's not a patch on Ayala or Fry as a CB, yet he's being paid £30000 a week.  

Clayton is not a creative midfielder who needs to be higher up.  He's a CDM, he's been that for seasons, and he's good at breaking the game up.  That's his role.  

Howson is filling in at RB, so god knows why you want him moving up.  He's not a CDM, either.

Britt, with the right support, is a 20 goal a season striker, which is pretty damn good.  He's got 15 goals each year with terrible service, or terrible teams or, as per last season, not being picked regularly.  There isn't much better in the Championship and certainly nothing we can afford.  Seems like you'd only be happy if he was knocking in 40 odd goals a season.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I can’t see the Toney thing being true. Peterborough will want a hefty fee no doubt and I can’t even see him getting that much game time. 

1 minute ago, CWC said:

I can’t see the Toney thing being true. Peterborough will want a hefty fee no doubt and I can’t even see him getting that much game time. 

We're definitely interested but can't imagine us signing him without either Gestede or Fletcher leaving 

The 1 constant in links with Boro this window is the strikers we've been linked with are all costing 3-4 million I don't remember any links with loan moves for striker targets the opposites true of the wide target Kent/Diangana even Boye as it turned out are all loan targets and judging by the Carter-Vickers link if a CB comes in it's probably going to be a loan.

The best price I could find for Toney in the press was 2.5-3 million pounds, Frey's price has dropped to 3-4 million euros it seems that we've allocated alot of the budget to letting Woodgate sign his own striker is my interpretation of what's going on.

I'm fine with loans bulking us up at CB/Wing positions so long as they're Diangana/Vickers types and we don't get too far down a loan list to Sims/Brown types. Dijksteel and Diangana are the 2 keys for me they're the straight in the first XI signings a CB would be nice Woodgate getting 'his' striker in is something Monk and Pulis were allowed to do as long as they're not stupid money and on 30k a week Im all for it.