oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

As much as it pains me to say it i think Leeds will take one of the top 2. Putting aside personel views of Bamford i dont think anyone can argue he one of the best strikers at this level. Hernandez is a wonderfully intelligent footballer and then they got Costa, Harrison and Alisioki. Them last 4 are better than anything we possess in terms of attacking midfielders. They got a nice blend in their midfield in Phillips, Forshaw and Klich. Two good full backs in Ayling and Douglas. Only area they look weak is CB with Janson gone but that young CB from Brighton looked very good today.

And putting aside they strong  footballing team they imo got the most astute manager in the league. One who i imagine learned so much from his first full season that it will only benefit him and ultimately them this season.

Having said all that i fully accept that no team in this country has a better record of being their own worst enemy more than Leeds. Newcastle run them close.

fully agree with everything here - difficult to look past Leeds this year. And as you say, they're their own worst enemies, so there is always the chance they Leeds it up and bottle it. Saying that I do think this is their year for real.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LinoJo3 said:

Front 3 of Kent, Costa and bamford for the same price as assombalonga!

Why are our own fans so desperate to find opportunities to put down the club they support? Strange behaviour

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Because I'll cry everytime Bamford scores a goal, should've never let him go imo

Get over it, he's gone. The obsession with Patrick Bamford and Leeds United is pathetic

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

It'll be the first time he has, he's in the right team to do it though

Yeah think Leeds will score freely this season, definitely more so than us in 2014/15 anyways and he scored 17 in the league that season with a few games missed.

6 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Why are our own fans so desperate to find opportunities to put down the club they support? Strange behaviour

Cos I think Leeds have put together a really strong front 3, something we have struggled to do despite years of trying and over £150m spent. Am I wrong?

9 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Cos I think Leeds have put together a really strong front 3, something we have struggled to do despite years of trying and over £150m spent. Am I wrong?

One who is a loan signing that includes a loan fee and a guaranteed £15million fee at the end of it, so it was an inaccurate statement first of all

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Yeah think Leeds will score freely this season, definitely more so than us in 2014/15 anyways and he scored 17 in the league that season with a few games missed.

He played 38 games to be fair, so not many missed. 

23 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

One who is a loan signing that includes a loan fee and a guaranteed £15million fee at the end of it, so it was an inaccurate statement first of all

Look I didn’t know the exact ins and outs of it cos you know, I’m not a Leeds fan. You get so triggered over everything.

24 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

He played 38 games to be fair, so not many missed. 

He also played a large section of that season on the wing. A full season as the main centre forward of any team in this league will produce 20 goals for paddy, no sweat.

• Like 1

Leeds finished 10 points above us last year. Pulis tactics held us back. With the right signings we can bridge this gap. Our crowd will be up for it this year. In Woody we trust.

8 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Bausor and Bevington flying out to try and complete a deal today. Still cant get a name but working on it.

Home or abroad? 

7 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Abroad.

Are we expecting Dijksteel done today too?