oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

All these players likely to be gone this summer and virtually all will need replacing. Dimi, Lonergan, possibly ,Mikel, Downing, Marvin Johnson, Besic, Braithwaite, Hugill, Gestede, Van la Parra.

This will need a manager and recruitment team who are creative to put us on the right track. Does it sound like the current set up???

I am glad Mr Pulis is saying how well he has done in sorting things out behind the scenes, because he has done bugger all in securing a good first team base for next season as far as I can see.

Who ever is manager next season will have to reduce the wage bill and bring money into the club through sales. Out of them listed above Randolph, Johnson, braithwaite and gestede are still contracted to the club so we will need to find a buyer for them with only Randolph having any real sell on value.

All these players likely to be gone this summer and virtually all will need replacing. Dimi, Lonergan, possibly  ,Mikel, Downing, Marvin Johnson, Besic, Braithwaite, Hugill, Gestede, Van la Parra.

This will need a manager and recruitment team who are creative to put us on the right track. Does it sound like the current set up???

I am glad Mr Pulis is saying how well he has done in sorting things out behind the scenes, because he has done bugger all in securing a good first team base for next season as far as I can see.

Who ever is manager next season will have to reduce the wage bill and bring money into the club through sales. Out of them listed above Randolph, Johnson, braithwaite and gestede are still contracted to the club so we will need to find a buyer for them with only Randolph having any real sell on value.

I would really hope there was a decent sell on value for Braithwaite, even if it isnt as much as we paid.

All these players likely to be gone this summer and virtually all will need replacing. Dimi, Lonergan, possibly  ,Mikel, Downing, Marvin Johnson, Besic, Braithwaite, Hugill, Gestede, Van la Parra.

I would really hope there was a decent sell on value for Braithwaite, even if it isnt as much as we paid.

His contract is now two years shorter so I think we will accept his value on the books which should be around 5 million. I don't think that is going to be a problem however his inflated wages will be a problem if he doesn't want to accept a lower contract elsewhere.

His contract is now two years shorter so I think we will accept his value on the books which should be around 5 million. I don't think that is going to be a problem however his inflated wages will be a problem if he doesn't want to accept a lower contract elsewhere.

We should get a fee for them but we are looking at losing about £5m on braithwaite, £4m on gestede, and £2m on Johnson. Around £11m lost on 3 players not including wages

We will probably make money on Randolph but can see us having to sell an asset like fry or wing to balance the books

We should get a fee for them but we are looking at losing about £5m on braithwaite, £4m on gestede, and £2m on Johnson. Around £11m lost on 3 players not including wages

We will probably make money on Randolph but can see us having to sell an asset like fry or wing to balance the books

But won't there values have been depreciated over their time here on the books. Two years off Braithwaites 9 million deal, 2,5 years off Gestedes deal and 2 years off Johnsons deal. So on the accounts Braithwaite should only be worth something like 5 million and the same applies to the others. 

It's all this FFP malarky. I don't think we need to sell keepers like Fry and Wing to balance the books - unless of course we can't sell any of those we want to sell. But it'll probably be sell before we buy and not for more than we rake in. If we somehow manage to get around 7 million for Braithwaite, Johnson and Gestede then Pulis will almost have enough to buy Higill :omg:

But won't there values have been depreciated over their time here on the books. Two years off Braithwaites 9 million deal, 2,5 years off Gestedes deal and 2 years off Johnsons deal. So on the accounts Braithwaite should only be worth something like 5 million and the same applies to the others. 

It's all this FFP malarky. I don't think we need to sell keepers like Fry and Wing to balance the books - unless of course we can't sell any of those we want to sell. But it'll probably be sell before we buy and not for more than we rake in. If we somehow manage to get around 7 million for Braithwaite, Johnson and Gestede then Pulis will almost have enough to buy Higill :omg:

I don’t know how it works with FFP but we can’t keep buy 3 players for £20m then pay there wages for 2 years just to get £10m back.

All these players likely to be gone this summer and virtually all will need replacing. Dimi, Lonergan, possibly Randolph ,Mikel, Downing, Marvin Johnson, Besic, Braithwaite, Hugill, Gestede, Van la Parra.

Premier League Marvin Johnson no less...

11 games and 7 starts as well..

I don’t know how it works with FFP but we can’t keep buy 3 players for £20m then pay there wages for 2 years just to get £10m back.

No that's a given. We need to sign more Randolphs than Gestedes that's for sure.

Transfer fees aren’t all just about making profit or getting money back, most of it goes on paying off the player and any fees still owed to the club we bought him off.

We’ve spent 2 seasons paying off whatever we owe and therefore can accept less without taking a hit other than on any profit we may have planned to make.

We’ve lost on players like braithwaite in terms of value for money.

Out of interest, I know many people seem to widely accept that we are absolutely skint but I'm wondering apart from Pulis keep spouting crap about all the hard work hes doing behind the scenes has anyone from higher up in the club suggested there are no funds available?

I mean from what I can see we are approx 35m euro (transfermarkt) down on transfers going back all the way to 2015. That's without touching prem money. Obviously general loss and wages will have impacted to but I fail to see how we'd be absolutely skint? Especially considering what some of the other clubs are doing in the division. 

We are losing a considerable amount of wages at the end of the season, I would imagine Mikel/Downing/Besic/Hugill are all comfortably in the top 10 paid players at the club, and apart from Mikel (whose performances have definitely dropped) we won't be missing any of them. 

Personally I think we are being fed a bit of skint rhetoric from Pulis as a excuse for his failures and absolute horrible running of the club.

Out of interest, I know many people seem to widely accept that we are absolutely skint but I'm wondering apart from Pulis keep spouting crap about all the hard work hes doing behind the scenes has anyone from higher up in the club suggested there are no funds available?

I mean from what I can see we are approx 35m euro (transfermarkt) down on transfers going back all the way to 2015. That's without touching prem money. Obviously general loss and wages will have impacted to but I fail to see how we'd be absolutely skint? Especially considering what some of the other clubs are doing in the division. 

We are losing a considerable amount of wages at the end of the season, I would imagine Mikel/Downing/Besic/Hugill are all comfortably in the top 10 paid players at the club, and apart from Mikel (whose performances have definitely dropped) we won't be missing any of them. 

Personally I think we are being fed a bit of skint rhetoric from Pulis as a excuse for his failures and absolute horrible running of the club.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s somewhere in the middle. We obviously don’t have the funds we had last two summer transfer windows but I don’t think we have no funds either. Probably just a way of tempering expectations. An anti ‘smash the league’ rhetoric, if you will.

If we don't get promoted this season then every single player has a price.

Not very high ones, either.

From the Scottish Sun

Celtic star Scott Sinclair emerges as Middlesbrough transfer target

"The Double Treble winner has one full season on his contract at Celtic Park after the Hoops activated an option to keep him at the club for another 12 months

EXCLUSIVE By Mike McGrath

CELTIC winger Scott Sinclair is a target for Middlesbrough.

The 30-year-old is wanted to bolster Boro's wide options regardless of promotion to the Premier League. They are looking at a £2million summer deal to bring the ex-Manchester City star back to England after three seasons with the Scottish champions.

Sinclair has one full season on his deal at Celtic Park after the Hoops activated an option to keep him at the club for another 12 months.

They would risk losing him on a free transfer in a year. Boro are ready to swoop for the 2017 PFA Scotland Player of The Year.

Sinclair's experience in the top-flight with Aston Villa and Championship promotion with Swansea has put him in Boro's sights as they build for next season."

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4190698/scott-sinclair-celtic-middlesbrough-transfer-news-contract-option/

It’s come from the very top that we are skint. Like you said in your last paragraph pulis is running the club ;)