oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

46 minutes ago, D.Z. said:
1 hour ago, Dan1234 said:

Is Downing a mentoring type figure? He doesn't really come across that way to me.

We need a fresh start. For me having Downing around will only hold back the likes of Tav from getting game time. No thanks.

How so?

Picking Downing over Tav means less gametime. That's just my wild guess?

• Haha 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

Nobody not called Pulis is going to pick a 35 year old Downing to start ahead of Tav.

One can only hope ? Now let the rumours start with the management confirmed

Now that the manager has been confirmed and promised to try and deliver attacking football this is going to be a very interesting summer. The likes of Tav / Fry would be mad to leave as they have an even better chance of game time and anyone in the U-23s will be thinking they will play (if they are good enough)..  

You would assume also that Woody has named any targets as part of his talks with Gibbo and that it will be up to Bausor to get them in. Just as equally it may be a case of we go with what we have but either way it is going to be interesting and it has been a long time since we could say that

Woodgate wants fast and high pressing football, our players actually managed this a few times early in the season, I'm thinking mainly the Leeds and West Brom games. Not sure we will need a huge turnover of players to achieve this anyway, Fullbacks and wingers if we're wanting to play a 4-3-3.

I don’t get this ‘mentor’ stuff, isn’t that what the coaches are for? It’s just a cliche and if we have to pay thousands per week for some low output 35 year old to mentor the players we are doing something seriously wrong.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Does anybody know whether we have promising full-backs in the youth set-up? Perhaps not for first team but as potential back-ups?

Djed Spence RB

• Like 1

Watch out for these youngsters: 

Ste Walker, Djed Spence, Sam Stubbs, Tyrone O'Neill, Enes Mahmutovic, Nathan Wood-Gordon and Bilal Brahimi if he is still around!

These with who ever we can keep in the club: Randz, Fletcher, Assombalonga, Fry, Tav, Wingy, Howson, Saville, Ayala and Paddy Mac! 

Plus a few new signings... That could make some interesting football to watch! A hungry team wanting to shake the rest of the Pulis stench off of them!

• Thanks 2
1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I put this in a DM earlier but I honestly think every single player in our squad will be available at a price.

That's the case for every team in this league and the bottom half of the prem tbh

I wouldn't ditch Clayton yet personally. Friend needs to go though, he can still play just not at this level anymore unfortunately ?

11 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I put this in a DM earlier but I honestly think every single player in our squad will be available at a price.

That's not too surprising, it's what price they're available at that might be more telling. I suspect we may be looking at losses on one or two just to get the wages off the books. If we can keep Randolph, I'll be happy.