oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

re Dael Fry £8 mill bid

Bournemouth quoted Leicester £75 mill for Nathan Aki

Now I am not saying Fry is worth that much, but is Aki any better than Dael Fry.

Good way to stop stupid bids from Ginger ones though.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Obviously Dael is promising but I feel like we're overhyping him a bit, he's more confident than the rest of our CBs on the ball and he's getting more dominant on the ground and in the air year on year but he's got a long way to go before he's a top class centre back. I suppose nowadays even potential gets you £20m!

• Like 2

As said by SDS, things change in football very fast, but does anyone think that the negotiating skills of Bauser and or Bevington may have something to do with it as well? 

I could except that the limits that we can afford to pay can be a limiting factor on potential deals, but I’ve felt for a long time now that negotiations are not In Bausers skill set. Gibson years ago stopped pandering to the excessive whims of agents and I applaud this, and that makes cutting deals harder nowadays, but it seems to me that since Lamb retired Bauser only achieves if it’s a player who despite agent limitations gets a contract significantly better than his current one, he fails every time he needs to sell the club/deal to a possibly sceptical player and his agent.

Bevington was highly thought of at the FA, but I’m not sure haggling over money with money conscious agents or contractors was ever in his role.

so when the news filters through that our very own 2Be’s are on the case, I’m usually of the view that if a hard sell is required to succeed then it’s more than likely that the deal won’t happen.

im not knocking either of them btw, both clearly talented blokes, just not I think the best at selling the hand they are given. As such esp in Bausers case why do we not send a person skilled in the glib arts of negotiation and bring on the Bauser for a good photo op once things agreed.

12 minutes ago, chadwick said:

re Dael Fry £8 mill bid

Now I am not saying Fry is worth that much, but is Aki any better than Dael Fry.

Yes

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, chadwick said:

re Dael Fry £8 mill bid

Ake is very much better than Fry at this moment in time. Fry has never tested himself in PL. Ake has not only been tested in that league but by all accounts excelled in that league too. 

Whilst i totally get your point about Burnley bid for Fry bordering on insulting, don't think Ake comparison is best one to make. 

I guessed Benson Manuel last night, thought he looked good on YouTube, quick and a very good dribbler. Also read that he works very hard defensively so that’s why I guessed him shame we haven’t convinced him to join but hopefully our second choices are just as exciting 

1 hour ago, velocitractor said:

Wouldn't go anywhere near him. Honestly, Aden Flint is better.

Haha. Cheers. I just keep hearing his name mentioned so was not sure if he one of them gems.

• Like 1

For me a realistic valuation of Dael Fry at the moment is £12million - £15million. Saying that I wouldn't sell at that price at this moment in time, what he brings to the team and the potential he has is priceless. 

2 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

For me a realistic valuation of Dael Fry at the moment is £12million - £15million. Saying that I wouldn't sell at that price at this moment in time, what he brings to the team and the potential he has is priceless. 

That's exactly how I feel, he's worth more to us as a young academy graduate and basically a guaranteed starter with a few days to go in the transfer window than he is to other teams.

Surley Deal Frys valuation should be compared to what Butnely get for Tarkowski (excuse the spelling) 

For instance, yes he is better than Fry but they would be buying him to replace Tarkowski so if he goes for the reported £45m who are they to argue if we turn around and say we want £30m for Fry.

Makes sense from all parties perspective he's still young and has barely played first team football. He'll come in first choice here and might go back to Bournemouth a better player.