oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Tarkowski release clause is £50m. And city were linked with Ake but found were quoted a similar figure to Leicester so they backed off .

Not to mention we are not in a position to quote different clubs different fees. We will have a set price for our players. Its just a case of whether anyone willing to meet it.

So you are saying that if Man City/Man Utd suddenly came in for Dael Fry, we wouldn’t expect them to be able to pay more than Burnley and hence quote them a higher price?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Will said:

Are they trying to take him on loan? Unless they've come into a lot of money that I'm unaware of they're wasting their time

New Chinese billionaire owners since they were last in the Championship, and they've just sold a few players.

I'd be surprised if he went there, but I personally don't think he's going to get as many starts as people expect this season.

• Like 1
Just now, J.T. said:

So you are saying that if Man City/Man Utd suddenly came in for Dael Fry, we wouldn’t expect them to be able to pay more than Burnley and hence quote them a higher price?

I dont actually no. I reckon if any club offered us £20m plus whether that was City, Utd, Burnley or Norwich we would consider it.

5 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Why would tav even want to go to Barnsley? I doubt we’ll accept it, can’t see Barnsley paying big money

Probably his agent using it to get a better contract with us, tbh.

Or maybe he wants first team football.

2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Why would tav even want to go to Barnsley? I doubt we’ll accept it, can’t see Barnsley paying big money

First team football? I’d hate to see Tav go but the longer we keep him out of the first team the more unsettled he’s going to get. At the moment I don’t really see where he’s going to break in to the starting 11 without injuries. Woodgate says he isn’t a winger. The most likely player he is to replace, position wise, is Wing but Wing is nailed on these days. 

1 minute ago, mendieta420 said:

Probably his agent using it to get a better contract with us, tbh.

If the last contract he signed was the 4 yr in 2017 he has 2 years left Barnsley probably see an opportunity. It's hard with Tav I don't know his position he lacks the dynamism or electric pace to be a winger but he pass and moves well has good technique maybe Woody's right he's a box to box but we haven't seen it yet.

He is from South Yorkshire so Barnsley might not be as ridiculous a destination as people think...

24 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

MJ that is not how the real world works. U can't just quote different teams different prices. So if Burnley want him we say we want £30m because u are getting £40m for your player but if Leicester want him do we say as its u we want £60m because you got £85m for Maguire?

But Leicester arnt in for Fry and it happens alot that clubs ramp up the prices for players when they know that the interested club has money, I'd say that it happens alot

54 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

For me a realistic valuation of Dael Fry at the moment is £12million - £15million. Saying that I wouldn't sell at that price at this moment in time, what he brings to the team and the potential he has is priceless. 

I think if we're all being honest this is a very realistic valuation for fry, however the transfer market is in no way a realistic reflection of players values, if Bristol got 20 or so for Webster then we should be demanding 25 for fry.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I, personally, would much rather Kent to Ibe. 

Kent brings much more to the table, tenacity, pace, skilful, work rate and set piece delivery against Ibe's pace

• Like 1

A season's loan at Barnsley might be the making of Tavernier to be honest. I'm a fan of his, and he's never let the team down when he's played, but if he can't get into the team ahead of the others we have, he might need to impress Woodgate from elsewhere. Wouldn't sell him on a permanent though, unless it was £7m or so. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mj south said:

But Leicester arnt in for Fry and it happens alot that clubs ramp up the prices for players when they know that the interested club has money, I'd say that it happens alot

It does if you are in a position to dictate different prices to different clubs but we as a club are not in that position imo.

We are not in desperate need to sell but we certainly are not that awash with premier league cash that we can start telling clubs different prices depending on who they are.

We are in that position which most championship clubs are where we will have a set figure for said players and whoever meets it will get said player.

1 minute ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

if we loan out Tav surely we need 2 wingers in then, can't seen anything in it myself 

JW said he does not see Tav as a winger but a CM i believe,

• Like 1