oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

12 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Charlton fans are going to go ballistic if they let go of Taylor as well as Dijksteel for the sake of £5m.

Taylor's the same as Dijksteel I think last 12 months of a League 1 contract, a thing Charlton fans don't consider into things is the owners wage cap of 5k a week just isn't going to get players to renew contracts so do they want Aribo to happen instead?

Not mentioned by Charlton fans that Dijksteel's in the last year of a development squad contract we have probably increased his salary ten fold but they think he would resign for a 3k pay rise with Charlton the whole situation sucks but Charlton fans aren't being rational with alot of their complaints imo. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Maupay has been sold to Brighton, probably a good time to play Brentford as they wont have time to blood a replacement.

Stab in the dark here if we are looking at a versatile forward still I know his wages will be high and he hasn’t done a lot but Jurgen locadia from Brighton would be an option to look into maybe a loan with a view to buy...

• Like 1

15mil + & gibbo permanent would be incredible business. Gibbo and ayala reunited....

2 years down the line, burnley will sign wood for 25mil  and trade fry back!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Burnley defo coming back for Fry... boro expecting to stand firm... can see it being cash + Gibbo

Absolutely would take that if anything close to £15m. I think Dael is class but fear we might overrate him (as we were once guilty of doing to Gibbo). Painfully one-footed and I think his technical ability limits him from going for huge money. That being said, hell of a defender and would be sorely missed. 

• Like 1

I'd go for 10m + 10% of next fee + Gibbo and help with his wages. A real FM style transfer.

• Like 1

I wouldn't take the offer regardless.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BoroJake said:

Sell a young quality centreback who is comfortable playing it out from the back and replace him with cash and a centreback who's distribution is on a par with Ayala. No thanks. Sometimes sentiment can go too far. 

2 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

I'd go for 10m + 10% of next fee + Gibbo and help with his wages. A real FM style transfer.

Have just done this to sign Smith-Rowe (minus the Gibson part)

Don't really get it from Burnleys perspective.. why not just play Gibbo who they've already spent loads on? Is he not rated over there? Doesn't feel like he ever really got a run in the side.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Sell a young quality centreback who is comfortable playing it out from the back and replace him with cash and a centreback who's distribution is on a par with Ayala. No thanks. Sometimes sentiment can go too far. 

strange comment, Ayala's distribution is decent

16 minutes ago, daveh333 said:

15 and Gibbo sounds about right.

15 and Gibbo with a 10% maybe 20% sell on 

2 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

strange comment, Ayala's distribution is decent

One of gibson’s best attributes was how comfortable on the ball he was too. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Don't really get it from Burnleys perspective.. why not just play Gibbo who they've already spent loads on? Is he not rated over there? Doesn't feel like he ever really got a run in the side.

He had some real mares early on and then got injured. I think judgement has been made.

Just now, DevKWat said:

15 and Gibbo with a 10% maybe 20% sell on 

Yes agree with that.