oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

4 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Rooney on 80k a week at Derby ??‍♂️

Signed him as a player coach so that only 50% of his wage is calculated within FFP aswell, cant we do that with all our players... 21 year old player coaches I'm sure they will buy that.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 minute ago, White Band said:

Item below it suggests that Rangers have verbal agreement for Ryan Kent. Can probably cross him off our list. Always seemed a bit unlikely, anyway. 

Think they have first refusal and will be given option to sign for any deal agreed with another club. But it doesn't mean Liverpool will lower their demands, I don't see him ending up at Rangers unless they do.

Just now, Smoggydownsouth said:

Adam Reach - Non starter I have been told.

Kind of the opposite of what we're going for. We sold him and someone else developed him into what he is. Now he's a pretty finished article. Wouldn't be cheap and no room for a profit. Undoubtedly a good player but probably beyond... our... Reach... huh...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s the EFL, they make rules, don’t enforce them, but then when publicly forced to by sheer outrageous actions by some clubs they get experts in who interpret the rules in such a way so that the EFL can take action against some clubs for trying to claim boot polish shouldn’t count to FFP while ignoring clubs who sell their own assets to themselves. 

Maybe the fact Wes Burns up until the past year or so was a striker might factor into our thinking he could be that 'pace' option up front we apparently have been wanting the bonus is he just had the best season of his career on a wing.

A good yardstick pricewise is maybe Gavin Whyte to Cardiff he went for 1.8 million, might take 1.5+ to sign Burns.

12 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Give over. He was found not guilty, shouldn't have been jailed in the first place IMO.

Lolz. Retrial was dodgy af. His mate phoned him, said I've got a girl, he jumped out of bed,drove to a hotel, had his way with her and effed off again. Upstanding guy. He's a minging example of a man. Not someone I would want anywhere near my club. Still, if I had to bet on one person on here who would have disagreed with me...

1 hour ago, Naisby said:

Interesting move, haven’t seen much of Fleetwood Town, but if this is true it’s not only a winger being targeted, but it shows now what our business model no longer can afford huge wages/signing fee and our scouts are being focused in these areas.

I have to say I think for us it’s a sensible move we need financial stability and to build a squad for a promotion push.

only thing I don’t want to see is the selling of the assets the squad has and replacing them with untested players, that tome would be a bad move and one that would even if false paint us as a club with no ambition.

Apart from Braithwaite and Flint we haven't sold anyone, we've removed high earners from our books like Mikel, Downing and Besic, do you not think the reason we're looking at young players from the lower leagues is because we don't want to have to sell our key players? I'd rather keep the spine of the team intact and buy youngsters with potential who may just turn out to be the next big thing.

What did you think when we signed Lewis Wing from Shildon, for example?

• Like 1

@Smoggydownsouth from the names you have been given during the window, how many are there that you think we might still be targeting and getting?

less than 48 hours till window closes so understand if your not able to name names though, it was more how far down our target lists we were or are we sticking to our top targets and hoping very very hard that we get them. 

1 minute ago, velocitractor said:

Lolz. Retrial was dodgy af. His mate phoned him, said I've got a girl, he jumped out of bed,drove to a hotel, had his way with her and effed off again. Upstanding guy. He's a minging example of a man. Not someone I would want anywhere near my club. Still, if I had to bet on one person on here who would have disagreed with me...

Okay so in your eyes a booty call is a jailable offence? Wow.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Not being secretive etc just think names are being pulled out of thin air that's all.

Sounds a bit like they are trying like you say a bit of smoke and mirrors, maybe get the players/clubs we are interested in to make their mind ups.