oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

6 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

I can’t actually believe how far downhill this has gone 

Gone? At this moment in time we haven't actually sold anyone that we'd miss.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

We are a selling club to any prem team as is any championship side. Just the nature of the prem being so loaded with cash.

I’m not denying that at all and I fully understand. But we know that these teams have the money so we should be trying to get as much as we possibly can from them like most others seem to be able to do, successfully at that!

1 minute ago, BoroMart said:

why do you think he can do it in the prem? His record against the best teams in the championship is awful. 

In two years for us he has played 24 games against teams that finished in top 6 (incl 2 play offs vs villa).  He failed to score in 22 out of those 24 games.

Better defenders can mark the 6 yard box better and he barely gets a kick, it will be the same in the prem, he isn't equipped for it.

He's done it at every club he's been at? 

PL doesn't mean better defenders. Just because he doesn't score against the best doesn't mean he won't against the worst. 

Feed him and he'll score. RVJ was the same sort of player and no one slated him for only scoring in the box. Extreme example but players who come alive in the 12 yard area and finish are rare. 

Its obvious that some peoples opinions are polarised on playing style etc, however we are selling fry who can play the ball out from the back in the way Woodgate wants for?£15m, and keeping Randolph and Britt who will consume half of that in their salary over the course of their contracts. Its mad. 

2 minutes ago, Prowler said:

PL doesn't mean better defenders. Just because he doesn't score against the best doesn't mean he won't against the worst. 

Feed him and he'll score. RVJ was the same sort of player and no one slated him for only scoring in the box. Extreme example but players who come alive in the 12 yard area and finish are rare. 

“Premier League doesn’t mean better defenders” come on man ?

• Haha 1

THE SKY IS FALLING! 

Love this place .. ?  

First we all laugh at Charlton fans having a meltdown ... 

A few moments later... 

Some rumors got a big bomb to explode on here and everybody is arguing ... Things were more peaceful when Tony reigned ? (sarcasm) (I must write that, or else some ppl tend to wanna hang me) 

It is what it is .. Just let things happen and see where we end... I am sure we are not just selling our best players and bringing in no body .. 

When we have all ins and outs, we can judge the window! ? 

One boro One love - One meltdown .. It is what it is ❤️

• Like 1
Just now, DevKWat said:

“Premier League doesn’t mean better defenders” come on man ?

Well, it doesn't? There's some *** awful CB's holding down first team positions. 

• Like 1
Just now, Old Codger said:

have to admit that if we only get to keep one of three main assets, it has to be Randolph....I remember what happened when Schwarzer left..... 

We didn't buy a replacement. 

3 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

In that case, he’s a very good liar. 

I'm sure he wants to keep all our players, but surely he also understands that the club needs to raise funds to be sustainsble. I knew that so I'm sure the manager does!

I don't get the shock at us potentially selling our best players. Some of us were predicting this months ago. 

1 minute ago, Prowler said:

He has scored against league one and average/poor championship sides. When marked by has-beens and never were's. Podraig Amond from Newport has done it everywhere he has ever been, but he wouldn't get a kick vs Tomkins or Cathcart let alone Van Dijk or Laporte