Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Pallister was light years ahead of Fry at this stage of his career. 

Not sure I agree. 

Pally was 21 when we played Port Vale at Hartlepools ground, the same as Fry now. Pally's breakthrough was the previous shambolic relegation season. He certainly showed a bit of talent, but was very raw and hamstrung by being in a really bad team with lots of off field problems. Fry has been an U21 captain and won an international cup, as well as holding a place in a top championship side.

Admittedly Pally massively stepped up from that point onwards and was near flawless for the next 3 seasons, so Fry has a lot to live up to.

Anyway, I was talking more about style of play than class, although I think Fry has the ability to be in/near that class.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

I am not changing any argument. I am just stating that Britt has scored lots of goals over his career but none of his teams have been promoted. Keep Britt and he might get 20 goals, but it seems at the cost of success of the team. We arent going to agree. Its no skin off my nose. No need to call people dumb though, especially when you undermine your own argument by writing erroneous info about Bamford and suggesting the goals he scored last season made any significance to a season where we won nothing.

The whole argument was about replacing his goals, not promotion but it's irrelevant anyway.

Apologies if you thought I was saying you were dumb, I meant the opposite by saying don't act it when you clearly know better.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TAPOUT said:

I also think SDS and Lurker are the same person and have set this up so we stop talking about the Dijksteel photo that the clubs will be narked about ?

Careful, mate .. Some might take you for being serious! Even though you added a smiley ?

4 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I didn't but we are not in a position to do anything else, so get used to it

Get used to what? ?

I'm saying let's wait and see before declaring the window a success or failure. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

You can't make this up Britt has scored 14-15 goals every single season he's played in the championship yet people are stating he's useless now get shifted because someone's interested in him ?

He isn't useless, he is just very limited.  How many times has he dropped a shoulder and beaten the last defender, how many times has he cooly dinked it over an advancing keeper, how many times has he done a clever turn in the box and finished in the far corner? He doesn't have those in his locker.  It's a header or tap in from 3 yards, and if the keeper is slow off his line he will finish a through ball 1 in 5 times. You need more than that.

Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

The whole argument was about replacing his goals, not promotion but it's irrelevant anyway.

Apologies if you thought I was saying you were dumb, I meant the opposite by saying don't act it when you clearly know better.

Dont patronise me. Just because someone has a different opinion to you does mot make them dumb.

25 minutes ago, Boro 86 said:

Ayala, Shotton, friend , McNair plus an as yet unnamed prem loan and the young uns in the squad is not too desperate

i like Fry and would prefer to keep him but money talks

i would also be shocked if woody wasn’t fully aware of the price on players heads when he got the job so think he will just get on with the job

I just think that we should wait until all our business is done before we go all doom and gloom.

??‍♂️

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Well tomorrow should be interesting. I hope the majority of fans will understand why this has happened and why it's not actually the end of the world, though.

Doubtful.

If we're struggling to score, and Britt is scoring for Palace, the club will immediately receive a great deal of flack.

It would probably be okay if his replacement turned out to be decent, I don't think his contributions are that hard to replace, but I don't expect it to be achievable in a day.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Well tomorrow should be interesting. I hope the majority of fans will understand why this has happened and why it's not actually the end of the world, though.

Dong Gook Lee is coming back isn't he ??

1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Apologies, misread your meaning. It's been a long night, I think I need a lay down!

Which is also what I'm saying. I said it could be a disaster. And that they could turn out to be good. But theres no way at all anyone can call the window a success at this point or at any point so far. 

My expectations all summer have been the same - mid table, blood youngsters, better football. That's it. Look back on my posts if you think I need to change my expectations because they havent once this summer!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1