oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

I think someone mentioned before that we did have interest in Eze, we just didn’t have the money. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us go in for him if we sell both Britt and fry

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, juninho9 said:

I mean.. he does have those attributes in his locker cause we’ve seen them. Who cares if it’s a header from 3 yards, a goal is a goal. It means he’s getting in the right position. 

Javier Hernandez never scores outside the box. Is he a bad striker because he doesn’t “have it in his locker” to score from outside the area?

He doesn't have it in the locker, the vast majority of his goals are those 6 yard tap ins, or just outside 6 yard box, his finishing from anywhere else is woeful, well certainly sub-standard. 

Javier Hernandez

in 6 yards: goals 41 (38%); conversion rate (81 shots) = 51%

in 18 yards (but not 6) : goals 61 (58%); conversion rate (345 shots) = 18%

18+ : goals 4 (4%) conversion rate (80 shots) = 5%; shot per 90 mins

Britt

in 6 yards: goals 25 (41%); conversion rate (50 shots) = 50%

in 18 yards (but not 6) : goals 35 (57%); conversion rate (202 shots) = 17%

18+ : goals 1 (2%) conversion rate (70 shots) = 5%

Britt has a slightly worse conversion rate than JH. He is also more reliant on balls into the 6 yard box. Small margins but over the course of a season that will equate to a couple more goals for JH. Remember that he is at a higher level though with better defenders, less space, and better goalkeepers. JH also has 2% better passing, more assists and more passes per game.

Conclusion: similar type of players, but a level apart. If Britt is the championship Chicharito, then it's worth pointing out that he has spent his entire career as a bit part player, 121 appearances from the bench. only ever started more than 20 league games once in his career. We can't afford a 15m, 40k/week bit part player

Edited by BoroMart
1 minute ago, OldManGravz said:

Out:

Britt - 14m

Fry - 15m + Gibson 

Shotton - 3m?

In:

Gibson (Fry Deal)

Eze - 8m

McKenna - 7m

Kent - 4m plus add-ons

Dijksteel - 2m (pretty much confirmed already)

Striker (Frey/Samatta) - 4/5m? - cheeky punt for Paddy even at the 10m Leeds never paid us last season ??

I think that lowers the wage bill a bit and also makes us a bit of coin in transfer fees. I'd love to keep Fry and Britt but if we cant and it helps us flesh out the squad it may not be a total disaster!

Seen SDS say it's not Gibbo included in the part ex. If that's the case would hope it was Vydra to play as a false 9 and we will need to buy another CB instead of another striker

Shotton will go for free I would imagine. No way will a club pay 3 million for him. You can take McKenna out as I think we’d have to pay a bit more for Kent than 4 million. Rest of it seems fine 

I have a feeling Smoggydownsouth used to be known as BLSports haha, remember him!

tbh I have to agree that selling fry and even Britt may not be the worst thing in the world if properly replaced. If there is a choice I’d rather fry be sold if it’s for £20m+. 

Eze may not be that big a pipe dream now (;

The only way this doesn’t become a complete disaster is if we manage to get £30m+ Gibson for the two of them and somehow manage to reinvest it with quality in the squad. Just seems difficult with the time left 

• Like 1

If eze was 8 mil 2 weeks  ago, after his goal at the weekend and a major windfall of cash for us hed no doubt be 15mil now. I just dont see it as a starter. I think well go for kent and someone else will offer him higher wages than were willing to go and well miss out on him too. I dont mean to be overly pessimistic but I just struggle to see this window ending well for us. 

2 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

The only way this doesn’t become a complete disaster is if we manage to get £30m+ Gibson for the two of them and somehow manage to reinvest it with quality in the squad. Just seems difficult with the time left 

I agree but we sold Traore and Gibson last year and what did we buy Flint, Besic (loan), Saville etc essentially wasted it on vastly inferior players 

In what world would a single goal almost double a championship players asking price? By that logic we will be selling Wing for £15m aswell, wed never get that for him at this stage.

Just now, LinoJo3 said:

In what world would a single goal almost double a championship players asking price? By that logic we will be selling Wing for £15m aswell, wed never get that for him at this stage.

Not just the goal. The fact were 1 day short of the window closing and that they know we have money whereas two weeks ago we were skint. 

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Not just the goal. The fact were 1 day short of the window closing and that they know we have money whereas two weeks ago we were skint. 

What if QPR are skint, in trouble with ffp and need a few players in themselves? Saville plus cash could be something that really benefits them more than holding on to eze.

1 minute ago, DevKWat said:

Let’s somehow try to make it more positive. Say we do get £30m and Ben Gibson for Fry and Britt. How do you spend the £30m? Names and Prices, go...

Knowing us the same way we spent the 45 odd million we got in fees last summer!

• Like 2