Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I imagine we’ll want the fry deal done today if possible? Be a massive rush to get players if the deal doesn’t go through until tomorrow 

I wouldn’t be overly bothered selling Britt if we got the right replacement. My worry is that I don’t really trust the transfers team to get the right replacement. 

The reason I wouldn’t be overly bothered is that I don’t feel he really suits the style of play we are attempting to play. Assombalonga’s hold up and link up play are pretty abysmal at times. Also, pressing isn’t his game either. Those are massively important attributes for this formation. 

Frey (albeit I’ve only seen him from YouTube clips) looks like he has all the attributes to play the role perfectly. 

If we were to sell and get a Frey or a Vydra and have plenty of spare cash to spend on someone like Kent I’d do it. 

I think it is a big risk whoever the replacement was going to be. But if the replacement is someone like Lyle Taylor I think we are asking for trouble. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

I find the concept of selling Fry and keeping Britt nonsensical, certainly for the fees talked about. A lot fo rumours and nonsense occur during the transfer period, and I'm hoping this is one of them.

Remember we need to sort ourselves out for FFP. So15mill for Britt, against an amortised 3.75m fee in this financial year and 1.75m in wage reduction = 6.5 reduction in costs from a FFP perspective + whatever portion of 15m fee we got up front. That sale alone could put us back on the straight as far as FFP goes.

Fry wouldn't do that. There is no amortised fee on our books, just his wage cost which must be a 1/4 of Britts, because a) he isn't a striker, and b) he's only a kid.

The fee to sell Fry would surely need to be astronomical, something mad like 25+m and mostly up front to have a strong impact on our FFP AND we would still need to get Britt off our books in 12m, with 1 year on his contract, if we don't go up.

Maybe it's not a choice we have to make?

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Just hypothetically...

would you be happy if selling Britt meant we got Frey and Kent?

It would definitely easy the pain lol Think that Frey would be a beast in this league and Kents a cracking player.  

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Just hypothetically...

On permanent deals for both... maybe, combined wages would be less, and they'd come in on contracts longer than the 2 currently remaining on Britt. I also like Fletcher as a striker think he has decent potential.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Will said:

No.

Agreed, Britt is in my opinion the best striker in the Championship - I remember looking up some stats at the start of last season and his goals to shots ratio was on par with Ronaldo - around 6.7 shots per goal. 

I'm not sure people actually understand the league we're in and the rareity a consistent goal scorer is. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Just hypothetically...

No. But I'd take Samatta and Kent in exchange. Samatta looks like a really good striker.