oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Eze too expensive and not for sale, if we have to sell Fry then not one bit of that money should be spent on a player we would have to pay a massive premium to get. 

Saville was badly used by pulis last season and took time to move and settle, but is better than a few names I hear being used in his favoured position. Sadly Saville not first choice in his best role so has to play a different one.

• Like 2
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

I don't think he has delivered what we expected, however in mitigation he was used all over the place by Pulis and there are rumours he is homesick. Sometimes moves just don't work out. 

Most sensible post I have read regarding Saville, hes not the awful player hes made out to be. We paid too much and it hasn't worked out as of yet but he doesn't deserve abuse and he isn't a bad player

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Most sensible post I have read regarding Saville, hes not the awful player hes made out to be. We paid too much and it hasn't worked out as of yet but he doesn't deserve abuse and he isn't a bad player

Football fans are pretty prone to hyperbole and snap judgments to be fair, you're only as good as your last 5 games in Football.

• Like 1

Tav would be better going out on loan for a season, he won’t be first choice and it will do his development good to play matches against players not in U23 teams or sitting on a bench.

saville is a more experienced, multi positional player that for this season is an asset to the squad, selling him would be unwise until we got someone else in that could do that job and Tav isn’t that player yet imo.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Football fans are pretty prone to hyperbole and snap judgments to be fair, you're only as good as your last 5 games in Football.

That's true but has Saville ever actually been awful for us, hes been fairly average but there is a large distinction between that and trash. He was our top scoring midfielder last year too, so how bad are our other midfielders if Sav is 'trash'?

• Like 4

I don't think saville is all that bad, played out of position for the best part of the season, looked fairly dangerous around the oppositions box. As others have eluded to I just think we overpayed for him. 

But as it stands he along with gestede are the players we should be looking to move on, rather than britt and fry. But you can only sell the players that teams want to buy. 

So if we do sell britt or fry I hope its for an offer too good to turn down. 

Don't get the love in for Tav personally, most of the time I've seen him he looks bang average and fades in games. I appreciate he's young but he shouldn't be the first name on the team sheet like many fans seem to suggest. 

Saville hasn't settled as many have suggested, very lightweight midfielder and probably better suited elsewhere. 

About the Eze stuff, have we actually been properly linked with him or was it just FMTTM rumours? 

Taking any kind of significant loss on Saville this summer feels like a huge mess. I think he's a good player who will score goals in our midfield. We've already invested the money, I think we should see it out for a bit longer. He's surely not going to drop much more in value. If we've offered him a daft bloody contract then God knows what we were thinking and maybe we have to get rid of him. But I'd be looking to keep otherwise for sure.

• Like 1

Echo say we're targeting a 'couple' of new attacking options now Dijksteel's done so I'm assuming a wide midfielder and a striker?

They say Wes Burns is not on the list of targets so I wonder who we are after for the wing.