oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

We missed a trick with Dijksteel , we should have given him shirt number 02 and asked a major telecoms provider to chip in with his wages. 

Or maybe Mr Whippy could sponsor our new striker if we give him the 99 shirt

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

16 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

The striker is the least important of the positions but we are still looking.

I'd say goalkeeper was least important personally. 

8 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Says who?

Club source.  Must stress its least likely position to get filled but you never know where you will end up with targets etc.  Striker would mean we missed out on wide player and fletcher would be used out wide.

4 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

I'd say goalkeeper was least important personally. 

Meaning least important of the 3 positions we are actively looking for

21 minutes ago, Naisby said:

I think the 32 Red multiple sponsorship deals and preferred client views is an issue for the EFL rather than Boro. 

Not that boro shouldn’t wonder why their main shirt sponsor is also main sponsor of our rivals, but we were not the first to take the gold of 32Red so I can assume boro happy just to get the most gold for shirt rights.

Sadly enough, just feels rather wrong that they're now funding a rival players wage deal as an FFP loop hole. No wonder Gibbos spitting blood about it 

Last season has shown that clubs can circumnavigate FFP with a bit of creative accounting. 

If teams can outspend us then we are really up against it, we just have to be better at recruiting than them and find hidden gems. But the way things stand we can't compete financially with clubs like Derby at the moment. 

1 hour ago, TAPOUT said:

I don't think he has delivered what we expected, however in mitigation he was used all over the place by Pulis and there are rumours he is homesick. Sometimes moves just don't work out. 

Completely agree. Saville is the current boo boy, he seems to have replaced Downing. Granted he didn't set the world alight last season, and certainly didn't justify the fee, but he isn't a bad player. You don't go from scoring 10 for a struggling side to being a bad player in the space of a few months. He was used atrociously by Pulis last season so I'd be more inclined to judge him after he's had a run in the team this season. Also he didn't settle well when he first signed, but has now bought a house and his mrs has set up a business in the north east. Give the lad a chance, he's still 26 and still has his best years ahead of him.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Full house at training.

That's odd, seeing as we're apparently an absolute shambles of a club who are hell bent on selling anyone of any value and will be lucky to be able to put out a 5-a-side team against Brentford.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

Completely agree. Saville is the current boo boy, he seems to have replaced Downing. Granted he didn't set the world alight last season, and certainly didn't justify the fee, but he isn't a bad player. You don't go from scoring 10 for a struggling side to being a bad player in the space of a few months. He was used atrociously by Pulis last season so I'd be more inclined to judge him after he's had a run in the team this season. Also he didn't settle well when he first signed, but has now bought a house and his mrs has set up a business in the north east. Give the lad a chance, he's still 26 and still has his best years ahead of him.

He got 4 goals last season from a defensive team, and only joined us a few games in and didnt play every game (I think 28 starts and 6 sub appearances) - he still finished out top scoring midfielder. Not sure what people expect tbh.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Last season has shown that clubs can circumnavigate FFP with a bit of creative accounting. 

If teams can outspend us then we are really up against it, we just have to be better at recruiting than them and find hidden gems. But the way things stand we can't compete financially with clubs like Derby at the moment. 

We have more than proven that throwing money at something does not guarantee success. 

• Like 1

Latest update... things moving behind the scenes... Burnley defo coming back for Fry. Nothing close incoming or wasnt at 11am.

• Thanks 1