Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Will you cannot sell someone if there is no interest in them... at some point business takes president and tough decisions are made.

I understand that mate but we have a few high earners in the last year of their contract. Is it really worth letting potential gems like Fry and Tav go to cover their expense for a season? Surely the more prudent decision would be to hold onto our lucrative assets (rather than sell them at knock down prices) and re-assess next summer when we have shifted some high earners?

• Like 4

Anyone know if Britt is in training today? It didn’t look like he was in the video posted a few minutes ago. Think someone mentioned he was there today on here though

5 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

not much point then

Nope. Think we might just have to bite the bullit and try and get something out of him here for the remainder of his contract. He'll still only be thrid choice behind Britt and Fletcher, and it's just a huge shame that he is earning so much money. It would be mad to pay him 1,5 million to bugger off and then spend money on a replacement. Just hope he somehow has a revival under a new manager. Gestede, Shotton and possibly Howson off the wage budget next year is decent although Howson might be a keeper on a lesser contract. 

If we released for example Gestede now would it mean his pay off could count on an earlier account for FFP or would we be no better off. I ask as wasn’t sure if FFP went by April to April or summer window to summer window.

2 minutes ago, Naisby said:

I wonder if the club makes any comment about the leak yesterday either publicly or in a private way with a polite message to this site. 

Why would they? It's not this sites fault that someone carelessly posted a picture on SoMe. They will probably be stricter with people who are involved in transfers hence why no phones are allowed. Said person probably got told that it wasn't cool at all.

4 minutes ago, Will said:

I understand that mate but we have a few high earners in the last year of their contract. Is it really worth letting potential gems like Fry and Tav go to cover their expense for a season? Surely the more prudent decision would be to hold onto our lucrative assets (rather than sell them at knock down prices) and re-assess next summer when we have shifted some high earners?

It might be that over the 3 year profit and sustainability rules we are fine. But for this coming year (19/20) we need to get our operating loss below £13 Million or face fines/point deductions etc...

3 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Anyone know if Britt is in training today? It didn’t look like he was in the video posted a few minutes ago. Think someone mentioned he was there today on here though

SDS said all players were there today.

3 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

SDS said there was a full house at training.

2 minutes ago, Naisby said:

If we released for example Gestede now would it mean his pay off could count on an earlier account for FFP or would we be no better off. I ask as wasn’t sure if FFP went by April to April or summer window to summer window.

It is determined by each clubs accounting period. For us it is 1st July to 30th June.

6 minutes ago, Will said:

It definately would be better, but if it's not finacially possible then so be it. Maybe Tav also wants more gametime than Woody can promise him and wants to move on to further his career. There is a lot we don't know and there is more to it than just casting away lucrative assets. Woodgate might even be less convinced about the player.