oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

From the Scottish Sun

Celtic star Scott Sinclair emerges as Middlesbrough transfer target

"The Double Treble winner has one full season on his contract at Celtic Park after the Hoops activated an option to keep him at the club for another 12 months

EXCLUSIVE By Mike McGrath

CELTIC winger Scott Sinclair is a target for Middlesbrough.

The 30-year-old is wanted to bolster Boro's wide options regardless of promotion to the Premier League. They are looking at a £2million summer deal to bring the ex-Manchester City star back to England after three seasons with the Scottish champions.

Sinclair has one full season on his deal at Celtic Park after the Hoops activated an option to keep him at the club for another 12 months.

They would risk losing him on a free transfer in a year. Boro are ready to swoop for the 2017 PFA Scotland Player of The Year.

Sinclair's experience in the top-flight with Aston Villa and Championship promotion with Swansea has put him in Boro's sights as they build for next season."

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4190698/scott-sinclair-celtic-middlesbrough-transfer-news-contract-option/

That seems pretty cheap. Id be all over that if we have a chance.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

He had a great first year with us but last 2 haven't been good. Think he'd do a job at Boro if he started well, very much a confidence player. Still scored a decent amount for us despite being in and out of the team

^^ response from my mate who has seen every minute Celtic have played for years.

Another 30 year old winger who is almost certainly on pretty good money.  I wonder if we look for any other types?

Think you’re being a bit harsh there mate, not all the 30 year olds we sign are wingers

I meant most of the wingers we seem to be interested in are 30+ on good money :)

Another 30 year old winger who is almost certainly on pretty good money.  I wonder if we look for any other types?

Think you’re being a bit harsh there mate, not all the 30 year olds we sign are wingers

I meant most of the wingers we seem to be interested in are 30+ on good money :)

I fail do see the problem here. 30 year old well paid winger whos played the last three years in Scotland and is a squad player in a league that is lower than Championship. What could possibly go wrong. Give the man a 5 year deal with an automatic extension and wage rise after X amount of games.

The Sun again, a bit about Tav this time though

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8981177/scott-sinclair-middlesbrough-celtic-championship-scottish-premiership/

"Championship play-off hopefuls chase ex-Man City wideman, especially as Bournemouth are eyeing Boro's Marcus Tavernier

The seventh-placed Championship side are looking at a £2million summer deal to bring the ex-Manchester City star back to England after three seasons with the Scottish champions.

Sinclair has one full term left on his deal at Celtic Park and the Hoops would risk losing him on a free transfer in a year.

And Boro are ready to pounce on his situation, especially as their England Under-20 left winger Marcus Tavernier is being tracked by Bournemouth.

Sinclair's experience in the top-flight with Aston Villa and Championship promotion with Swansea has put him in Boro's sights as they build for next season.

Meanwhile, interest in Tavernier has hotted up despite the England Under-20 star still failing to hold down a regular starting spot.

Manchester United were a***st his Prem admirers even before Christmas - but that was in Jose Mourinho's reign.

And now the Cherries seem the frontrunners for an exciting 20-year-old who was invited to train with the senior Three Lions squad by Gareth Southgate last September."

They can get their filthy hands off Tav, although I appreciate he could be one of those players that could net the club a decent profit.

They can get their filthy hands off Tav, although I appreciate he could be one of those players that could net the club a decent profit.

Just wouldn't be worth it for what we'd get now. Brooks at Sheffield good example, yea they sold him for 10m in a very similar situation but after a half decent season whats he worth now? 30/40m? I'd rather we tried to milk any profit by actually playing the lad in his best position.