Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Brunners said:

That's unlike you. Who are you, and what have you done with BoroJake!

He’ll have to hand in his belt, tie and shoelaces tomorrow! 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like a CB in on top of the RW/ST coming in... But, all told, it doesn't look awful. Especially if Hutton were to come in too.

 

GK - Randolph / Mejias / Pears

 

RB - Dijksteel / Hutton / Spence

LB - Bola / Friend / Coulson

CB - Fry / Ayala / Shotton / Friend / Wood

 

CM - Clayton / Wing / McNair / Howson / Tavernier / Saville?

 

WG - Browne / Fletcher / Johnson / *NEW LAD*

ST - Britt / Fletcher / Gestede

 

The likes of McNair, Coulson and even Shotton could cover extra positions than listed too. Then there's Reading, Malley, Wearne, Liddle and Walker could still be in contention.

Only area I'd have any real concerns about would be the depth at Centre Half. 

 

EDIT: If Fry or Britt were to go though, that just highlights where we'd have major issues...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Outs. So much money being offered around in the prem currently 

@Smoggydownsouth So what we thinking then 1 permanent and then maybe a couple of loan signings? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling both fry and britt might go. I have a feeling that palace will panic and pay stupid money for britt in particular

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DevKWat said:

@Smoggydownsouth So what we thinking then 1 permanent and then maybe a couple of loan signings? 

1 poss 2 if things change I'm being told. People hiking loan fees due to panic stations being activated. Boro not getting involved in it

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Adamjr9 said:

Wing? That’s a new one, do you know who from?

 Championship team. Asked not to disclose club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me Assombalonga is the one to watch. Palace coming into big money from Zaha, suggestions from the Bristol City end that they’re getting desperate and are showing interest again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

I have a feeling both fry and britt might go. I have a feeling that palace will panic and pay stupid money for britt in particular

And where does that leave us....In it up to our eyes...Jees I hope not

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

 Championship team. Asked not to disclose club

For me he’s the one player we can’t lose, his goals and contribution from midfield this year will be huge. I would be gobsmacked if we sold him at all let alone to a rival 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Things change in football so quickly, mate, and I can't be held responsible for that.  For example, we aren't actually selling Assombalonga, hurray!

 

But now we are again ?

This "you said this, you said that" is a joke. I could be a life long Leeds fan playing for Fleetwood, Boro come on make an offer I say "yes" and the transfer process begins. 

Two days later I get an offer from Leeds - I ssy sorry to Boro and go to the club I would have picked given the choice. Or we go for medical and the wife says "no way I'm living here, don't sign" - there's so many scenarios when dealing with a human being looking for the best for his and his families future. 

Why can't people see that this is how people are?  Sometimes it's hard enough to keep a player who's under contract, let alone one who has said he will sign one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

This "you said this, you said that" is a joke. I could be a life long Leeds fan playing for Fleetwood, Boro come on make an offer I say "yes" and the transfer process begins. 

Two days later I get an offer from Leeds - I ssy sorry to Boro and go to the club I would have picked given the choice. Or we go for medical and the wife says "no way I'm living here, don't sign" - there's so many scenarios when dealing with a human being looking for the best for his and his families future. 

Why can't people see that this is how people are?  Sometimes it's hard enough to keep a player who's under contract, let alone one who has said he will sign one. 

What position do you play?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know why SDS is golfing tomorrow... he’s heard a guy is coming in from Spain who loves golf and wants to catch him on the course. He is not wanted by his club and played with Keane. ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


  • Latest Posts

    • I would wager that by now he knows himself that ripping things up and constantly starting all over again is very expensive and hasn't been productive. If he doesn't then we (and he) are pretty much doomed whatever he does.
    • I think I'd like to see a 4411/4231 formation tonight.   Bettinelli   Dijksteel, fry, Hall, bola. Kebano, howson, mcnair, tavernier  Watmore  Akpom   With tav, kebano and watmore being quite fluid and interchanging positions. 
    • "advisory capacity (Jepson and Blackwell anyone?"  This is actually what I think will happen.  OK - I'll say non-british manager. Hope I am wrong, just don't think he will after AK/Orta etc... Which I agree was a success in my opinion and I wish he hadn't ripped it all up after AK left.
    • I think you have nailed it billy. If Warnock chooses not to stay on as manager I think he will be replaced by Blackwell and Jepson. It’s sticking out to me anyway 
    • I like it @DurhamRed nothing like a bit of positivity on a Tuesday morning. Come on Boro let’s get a nice big win tonight 
×
×
  • Create New...