oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

1 minute ago, Ayresome365 said:

Obafemi Martins?

He’s not 20-23 ?

Just now, Smoggydownsouth said:

How old is Barthuizen? If that's his name.

1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

26 but he's not a bad shout actually 

2 minutes ago, Adamjr9 said:

He’s not 20-23 ?

He will be in a year or two though

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

The lad signed a 3 year contract last month

• Like 1

Just now, BoroJake said:

The lad signed a 3 year contract last month

We should offer Gestede and 5 million lol

I know we need some cover, especially CB - but right now I think i'd genuinely settle for;

Keep Fry.

Keep Randolph.

Keep Assombalonga.

Shift Shotton.

Shift Saville.

Shift Gestede.

Buy one AMF.

Done.

37 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Even I'm waiting for the twist.

Definitely not good if you're worried too ?

1 minute ago, 2plus2 said:

I know we need some cover, especially CB - but right now I think i'd genuinely settle for;

Keep Fry.

Keep Randolph.

Keep Assombalonga.

Shift Shotton.

Shift Saville.

Shift Gestede.

Buy one AMF.

Done.

Far too much work in there.  I'd settle for what we have now.  If we can get one more through then great but last thing we need is to pay silly fees for loans or inflated transfer fees

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Latest Posts

• Seriously, could somebody explain why they'd be happy with David Wagner? Every complaint laid at Warnock's style of football can be laid at Wagner's but worse. Promoted scoring 56 goals and conceding 58, they won the play-offs without one of their players scoring, an own goal and 2 penalty shootouts. The very next season, Warnock got promoted automatically scoring 69 and conceding 39. He kept Huddersfield them up in the first season with a fairly meagre 37 points and then stank out the league the next season and he was sacked with them on 11 points after 22 games. Did a terrible job at Schalke too. I can understand people who want a new direction and a new manager, though I disagree, but I cannot understand why anyone would want David Wagner.
    • last time I saw his salary figure, he was offering to accept a reduction from £4m a year he was on at Bournemouth..  but do we really want to be spending more on a manager than half a dozen players. I know you have to pay for quality, but like the players, there should be a figure that we won't go over..  no point in a Prem manager if it means Div 1 squad (wages wise) 
    • You are correct. The reason was well publicised at the time.  It would need to be a pretty major appointment to tempt him North again (suspect Champions league football would be needed).
    • Agreed. I might be making this up but I swear one of the reasons he left burnley was he missed the South. He's not likely to come all the way up here anyway if that's true. Plus he'll have better opportunities than us.
    • Im convinced Warnock will be given first dibs but not convinced he will want another season here. So who next?... at the end of the day one man and one man only will get a say and a casting vote but chances are,given his track record , thats not going to make things better. for me its a lottery and a game of chance. As with picking a striker to net you lots of goals you just have to hope you happen across the perfect fit. im happpy to appoint a totally unknown and hope for that outcome .  Bruce Rioch is a prime example , no one had any clue about his abilities as a manager but he did a marvellous job on a shoestring. but then look what happened at ARSENAL for the same guy ...and look what happpened immediately after with an unknown french manager. i knew nothing about john neal and lennie lawrence prior to them getting the job here but they both worked out well. sometimes it just falls nicely in place.  as a footnote is anyone noticing the perfect storm forming on the horizon with AK seemingly 2 or 3 losses away from becoming available.