oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

25 minutes ago, Will said:

We were linked with Macauley Bonne, weren't we?

Looks like Charlton are signing him.

Genuinely think he's got the potential to do well in the Premiership... Would've loved him here.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Im hoping we get some full backs and wingers in - the other positions im happy for the management team to review over the summer, see which current players adapt to the new style or leave, just think all wide positions have been neglected for a while now...

It's a strange one. If I was in Paddy's position, I probably wouldn't be jumping through hoops to play for Ireland either. I think he probably still holds hopes of playing for his country and wants to assess whether that will still be possible before making a decision.

No disrespect to Ireland, if Paddy was Irish and only 'qualified' to play with England, I'd have no sympathy with him at all. And I absolutely understand Ireland's position on it, Keane is right, they shouldn't be chasing players, players should want to play for them and that's kind of the point.

I remember when we had no decent keepers for England and everyone started talking about getting Manuel Almunia to play for us because he had reached the requirements (he was in a bit of a purple patch at the time IIRC). If he was actually patriotic about playing for England and we weren't only looking at him because he could play for us, I wouldn't have minded so much. But it kind of defeats the point of international football a little for me.

There is no way Bamford is going to play for England. I can understand why he doesn't want to play for a country unless he really feels for it, but if he is holding out for a future with England he is going to be disappointed. Granted miracles do happen, but I doubt it's going to happen here.

We've been linked with 20 year old Orient striker Koroma. Scored 11 goals last season and we are one of the clubs linked with him. 500k should be the price and Huddersfield have had a 300k bid turned down.

11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

There is no way Bamford is going to play for England. I can understand why he doesn't want to play for a country unless he really feels for it, but if he is holding out for a future with England he is going to be disappointed. Granted miracles do happen, but I doubt it's going to happen here.

I imagine Callum Wilson would have felt the same a couple of years ago, to be fair. He's still only 25, Wilson is 27 and he's started getting regular call-ups now.

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I imagine Callum Wilson would have felt the same a couple of years ago, to be fair. He's still only 25, Wilson is 27 and he's started getting regular call-ups now.

Yeah you're obviously right with that, which is why I said that miracles do happen ? Wilson has also played 4 straight Prem seasons now and I just don't see that happening for Bamford. But I suppose he could have storming season with Leeds, they win promotion and he goes on to do well in the Prem. Not beyond the realms of possibility I suppost, but I just don't think Bamford will ever be good enough in the Prem to warrant a call-up.

Martin Braithwaite still has a future at Middlesbrough

MARTIN BRAITHWAITE will be given an opportunity to resurrect his Middlesbrough career, with Jonathan Woodgate insisting everyone will start “with a clean slate” when pre-season training begins next month.

Having been confirmed as Boro’s new head coach last Friday, Woodgate will spend his first full week in the role stepping up preparations for next season.

He will make changes to his squad this summer, with Steve Gibson having pledged to back his new boss in the transfer market when he sat alongside him at Rockliffe Park last week.

However, while players will inevitably leave before the transfer window closes in August, Woodgate is adamant he will not be writing anyone off before he has had the opportunity to work with them.

Braithwaite spent last season on loan at Spanish side Leganes, and has spoken of his desire to make a permanent move to La Liga. Leganes and Girona have expressed an interest in signing the Denmark international, who has two years of his current contract on Teessideremaining, but Woodgate will be instructing him to return to pre-season training as normal.

Like the rest of Boro’s internationals, Braithwaite will not be expected to report for the start of pre-season, but once he returns, he will be given an opportunity to stake a claim for a place in the first-team squad.

Unlike Tony Pulis, who effectively dictated Boro’s transfer policy by himself, Woodgate has been employed as a head coach, and while he will have a major input into recruitment decisions, responsibility will be shared.

Robbie Keane, Leo Percovich and Danny Coyne will be involved in transfer matters, while Neil Bausor and Adrian Bevington will assume more control than they had under Pulis.

Ultimately, Gibson will make the final decision, but Boro’s new backroom structure represents a clear attempt to create some joined-up thinking so that a change of head coach does not immediately result in a radical overhaul of the squad.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/17709785.martin-braithwaite-still-has-a-future-at-middlesbrough/

24 minutes ago, Borodane said:

We've been linked with 20 year old Orient striker Koroma. Scored 11 goals last season and we are one of the clubs linked with him. 500k should be the price and Huddersfield have had a 300k bid turned down.

Braithwaite will be incredible at this level if he gets his head down, would be daft to loose a player of that quality because of what’s happened previously 

Braithwaite will have to do quite the PR job to get the fans back on his side I think. Even those who hated Pulis may still see him as a lost cause.

I know the MFC social media guys aren't really involved with the actual footballing side of things, but I still thought it spoke volumes that the Boro Twitter account didn't wish Braithwaite a happy birthday last week, when they'll still do so for players who left 15 years ago.

• Like 1

Fans will soon forget if he comes in and plays as well as he can. But he's had plenty of chances to get his head down and refused. Mentioned before about Britt, whose performances also dropped in the immediate time after Pulis joined. He picked himself up and got going, never pushed for a move away. Kudos to Britt, I've no sympathy for Braithwaite.

Braithwaite's issue was with Pulis. The things he said was the same as most fans. 

Pulis being disingenuous throughout his life I'd be more likely to back Braithwaite's version of events. 

Pulis tried to force him out, the club and the gazette colluded in a bit of a witch hunt to push him out of the club. 

Think there's a good player in there somewhere and we just need to get the best out of him.