oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

So, is there any reports on bids on any of our players other than Shotton? It looks like everyone is into one of those meltdown spirals again, over nothing

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mad_Dog_Poggy said:

giphy.gif

Was right behind the goal for that. Couldn’t believe my eyes. Every pre season game (and Luton) he’s made a huge error and looked uncomfortable in Woody’s system for 90 minutes. Will be scenes if sold.

Surely the points on Britt are all valid

- He scores goals

- He doesn't score enough goals

- He needs service

- He may or may not be suited to a pressing game

- He cost a lot and is paid a lot

- We could possibly get as good for less money

- We could easily spend a lot on a player who fails

- If he stays we are guaranteed at least 15 goals from him

- If he scores 20+ this season he could go for £25m+ after that

On balance I prefer for him to stay but I have to say that if he goes it is not the season ender some are claiming.  At this late stage in the window though it just seems daft to sell him unless we have something else lined up that will pretty much guarantee his 15 goals at least

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

If the money's there the first thing I do tomorrow is give Fry a new contract offer top him up to what Shotton was on he's so important for us.

When we're trying to bring down the wage bill, yeah that makes sense.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

So, is there any reports on bids on any of our players other than Shotton? It looks like everyone is into one of those meltdown spirals again, over nothing

Just classic meltdown. Some of it is justified as we don't seem to adress the lack of winger/creativity again with the clock ticking down. I don't think we are selling anyone important ie. Britt, Fry or Randolph. I wouldn't mind any midfielder bar Wing leave if it meant funds for a decent winger.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

I'm not having a meltdown, you're having a meltdown!

meltdown GIF

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

When we're trying to bring down the wage bill, yeah that makes sense.

1) Deserves parity with Friend and Ayala.

2) Incentivise him to stay see off near future whispers of 30/40k a week to Burnley secures our highest priced asset.

3) He's probably on 15kish on his 2018 contract it's not that much extra onto the wage bill.

It makes total sense?

Just now, Jamie-H said:

2) Incentivise him to stay see off near future whispers of 30/40k a week to Burnley secures our highest priced asset.

3) He's probably on 15kish on his 2018 contract it's not that much extra onto the wage bill.

It makes total sense?

A 21 year old youth graduate on 15k? Even at Prem Clubs they aren't on that!

Just now, Marko343 said:

Totally expecting a leeds - britt link then

Nketiah is having a medical at Leeds as we speak

1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

It makes total sense?

If he’s as happy as Woodgate says he is why would we even offer the contract? 

Graeme Bailey tweeting that Success at Watford has championship interest if they sign a winger, so that’s probably who was being talked about earlier. Would be a great signing 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

It makes total sense?

I doubt he'd get that much at Burnley, didn't sds say Gibbo had to take a paycut to go there?