oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

1 hour ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Gazette have just said "It's also understood that if Shotton does go, Boro won't look to sign a replacement. Woodgate feels he's got enough options in that area"

Woody fancies putting his boots back on.

Can't see there being anything in it. Poobably just his agent trying to drum up interest. He will be on Prem League wages. 

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

He also hasn't scored a single goal for them.

Edited my post. Mentioned his price tag more in regards to the 'concrete bid' part. Surely would be a loan.

3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

New name

How much concrete are we talking about here? I've got a few dodgy mates that can supply some more if it gets this over the line!

2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

We're talking a potential 20 million pound+ transfer I think they'd want to secure him down pretty tightly.

We're talking Burnley here, so more like a 9 million pound + whatever change they can find down the back of Dyche's sofa transfer.

1 minute ago, SmogInSheff said:

Woody fancies putting his boots back on.

I heard Robbie Keane is Britts replacement aswell?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

Ahh I see. From a Norwegian journalist who covers international football for the biggest newspaper. Seems like an odd rumour to just make up so maybe there is something in it. Maybe Southampton liked how we got Ramirez back on track (even though they didn't benefit from it).

You think of knockaert, cavaleiro and others making loan moves to the championship too, I think prem teams are seeing the potential in this league 

2 minutes ago, Adamjr9 said:

You think of knockaert, cavaleiro and others making loan moves to the championship too, I think prem teams are seeing the potential in this league 

A concrete bid suggests we're trying to buy him, surely?

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

A concrete bid suggests we're trying to buy him, surely?

They bought him for 16 million last season. Surely someone is leaving to be able to get a bid in?

Southampton have been trying to get shot of him abroad and presumably failed so a loan might be their last resort.