Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It is but we now only have one senior right back at the club and two senior central defenders.  Howson isn't a right back and Friend is essentially being shifted from left back because he's too decrepit now (no offence if you're reading this George ?)  Having players who can fill in is all well and good but if you need them to fill in for months then it can be a problem.  Still, absolutely the right thing to do ??

Coulson can play either side I think (but not 100% sure) and Howson as a back-up isn't the worst position to be in IMO. Rather a CB if a defender was coming in but much more preference is on the 1 more attacking player which could be huge for us. 

7 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Our squad is so thin. Not only body wise but quality in depth aswell. If Shotton goes we literally have 2 senior Cb’s, one of which always gets injured.

still lacking 2 attacking players imo, we have been crying out for wingers the last 2 years, for both sides. We’ve signed one in Browne who looks a quality player but we really need someone else.

George was a CB before he joined us. If Wood, as a top academy prospect, can't be 4th or 5th choice, when is he going to ever get a chance?

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

Shotton isnt the worst but he simply doesn't suit the football we are trying to play and would end up being a liability, it's a good signing for Wigan in all honesty 

Pretty much sums up my feelings on him.

Just now, FamilyBoro said:

Coulson can play either side I think (but not 100% sure) and Howson as a back-up isn't the worst position to be in IMO. Rather a CB if a defender was coming in but much more preference is on the 1 more attacking player which could be huge for us. 

Coulson looks very left footed to me and he's just starting out in the first team.  I can't say I'd want to see him moved to right back at this stage but it's a lot of 'what ifs' of course.  I think we still need a few players in.