oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

I'd desperately be looking for a CB right now. Wood has not looked anywhere near ready when he's played.

Elyounoussi was a loan, the player wasn’t interested though

• Sad 2

Just now, tmcc said:

cant see gestede leaving, hes got a great wage here and is also the only real back up we have to assombalonga so will probs get game time also. 

Uh, Fletcher

1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

Elyounoussi was a loan, the player wasn’t interested though

Source?

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Uh, Fletcher

started on the wing and will probs stay there unless we get cover. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It is but we now only have one senior right back at the club and two senior central defenders.  Howson isn't a right back and Friend is essentially being shifted from left back because he's too decrepit now (no offence if you're reading this George ?)  Having players who can fill in is all well and good but if you need them to fill in for months then it can be a problem.  Still, absolutely the right thing to do ??

Coulson can play either side I think (but not 100% sure) and Howson as a back-up isn't the worst position to be in IMO. Rather a CB if a defender was coming in but much more preference is on the 1 more attacking player which could be huge for us. 

Edited by FamilyBoro

4 minutes ago, Marvanelli said:

Anything that rids us of Gestede I'd be happy with

Not a chance we’ll manage to get rid of him with his wages

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Our squad is so thin. Not only body wise but quality in depth aswell. If Shotton goes we literally have 2 senior Cb’s, one of which always gets injured.

still lacking 2 attacking players imo, we have been crying out for wingers the last 2 years, for both sides. We’ve signed one in Browne who looks a quality player but we really need someone else.

George was a CB before he joined us. If Wood, as a top academy prospect, can't be 4th or 5th choice, when is he going to ever get a chance?

Edited by mendieta420
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

Shotton isnt the worst but he simply doesn't suit the football we are trying to play and would end up being a liability, it's a good signing for Wigan in all honesty 

Pretty much sums up my feelings on him.

Just now, FamilyBoro said:

Coulson can play either side I think (but not 100% sure) and Howson as a back-up isn't the worst position to be in IMO. Rather a CB if a defender was coming in but much more preference is on the 1 more attacking player which could be huge for us. 

Coulson looks very left footed to me and he's just starting out in the first team.  I can't say I'd want to see him moved to right back at this stage but it's a lot of 'what ifs' of course.  I think we still need a few players in.

1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

The same source says it was a loan and the player isn't interested

Shame?