oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Unless something BIG happens no more incomings expected.

Unbelievable. When will we ever get a transfer window right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LinoJo3 said:

*** sake, so apart from a player from oxford yet another summer without signing any forwards.

Teams up the prices as the deadline looms. Not a great deal we can do when we have a strict transfer policy.

1 minute ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Eh how are we going into a season with Marvin Johnson as a starting winger

How many windows will it be before we address this haha

was arguably the best player on the pitch v luton, but agreed we do need an extra winger.

• Like 1

From as many as 5/6 in a few days ago to this, how do they continue to get away with it every season ? how on Earth are they not able to complete any loan deals, not every team are charging extortionate loan fees

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Teams up the prices as the deadline looms. Not a great deal we can do when we have a strict transfer policy.

Sign people earlier? ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I know but, what about the other 3 months....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Unless something BIG happens no more incomings expected.

Is this more guessing or is there a source? 

Just now, tmcc said:

was arguably the best player on the pitch v luton, but agreed we do need an extra winger.

His performance is really getting bigged up against Luton I reckon, a couple of decent deliveries and a great effort on goal but surely that's like bang average especially vs a newly promoted team

14 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

@Crumb Marcus Edward fell through?

????? I’ve been living rent free in your head for days son. Grow up, mate. Grow up.

• Confused 4

I'd rather we signed no-one than sign Berahino. So many bad stories about his personality, let alone his useless games-goals ratio. Des Walker was almost as prolific.

3 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

We've had 2 months to sort out our forwards. On top of about 4 other transfer windows. There's no excuse. One more loan signing and I'd have been pretty happy. Don't understand how we haven't managed that tbh.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I keep thinking of this story and whether it's true or not.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-rio-played-major-part-in-middlesbrough-signing

If we only went for Browne because of a late phone call from Rio then we'd have 0 attacking players in?

It's teamtalk so it's possibly BS but jfc if that's how our recruitments happening.

Thought read a few pages ago that Woodgate had Browne's name in his presentation?

Another little detail is why did Woody say he'll replace Flint and since then we've loaned out Stubbs and are now selling Shotton ?

Pace and creativity banged on about all summer long and we've signed 1 attacking player? ?

• Haha 1

Just now, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

His performance is really getting bigged up against Luton I reckon, a couple of decent deliveries and a great effort on goal but surely that's like bang average especially vs a newly promoted team

You can only play against what's in front of you. It was a great individual performance and had it not been for the comical defending he would have probably got MoTM. Why can't we just appreciate a player's performance instead of finding ways to bring him down just because he failed under a previous regime?

• Like 2