Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Just now, Dan1234 said:

Its not throwing money away at all if the player comes in and makes a huge difference. Was Gaston throwing our money away?

Special player at the right time. Don't see many of his ilk still looking for clubs this late.

• Like 1
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Seems to be something some people ignore. Loan fees for Prem players are pretty big. We're selling Shotton for less than the fee of a lot of decent Prem players. That's not even taking into account their wages. It's not a decision clubs make when they're trying to keep costs down. We want our money to have a financial return, there's no return on a loan deal, it's just throwing money away for one year.

If a dutch team can afford someone like Marcus Edwards then surely we could too, but I guess with him it's more down to his ability seeing as he failed to win a deal with Brentford when he trained there. Loan fees are obviously going to be high if you want a 16 million pound player like Elyounuossi. You'd effectively have to pay a portion of the year that they "lose".

How on earth people can say its been a good window when for the next 4 months we are likely to be starting with Marvin fecking Johnson as one our front three is beyond me. 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:
6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Better than throwing money at daft loans and wages. 

Seems to be something some people ignore. Loan fees for Prem players are pretty big. We're selling Shotton for less than the fee of a lot of decent Prem players. That's not even taking into account their wages. It's not a decision clubs make when they're trying to keep costs down. We want our money to have a financial return, there's no return on a loan deal, it's just throwing money away for one year.

You guys are funny.  We tried to get players in on loan.  We tried to make signings.  The fact that we failed doesn't make it a good thing.  If we hadn't tried at all then you can make the argument that at least we didn't do this and that.  But if we have tried to do those things and haven't been able to get them done then that's failure not success.  You can't describe it in any other fashion no matter how hard you try.

• Like 2

Derby’s loan players single handedly got them to a Play off final and one game away from the premier league. Personally not buying into this being a good window at all because we still haven’t addressed the main issue in the team which is pace. 

2 minutes ago, PsychFur said:

With all due respect to the ITKs who have provided exceptional information over the last couple of weeks but once this window closes I would prefer NOT to know which players slipped from our grasp or agreed to sign but changed their mind or had a tour of the facilities or even those who had their photos taken holding a Boro shirt but decided to *** off to West Brom or whoever for an extra £50 a week.

Ya big baby ?

1 minute ago, mendieta420 said:

Special player at the right time. Don't see many of his ilk still looking for clubs this late.

We didn't get him for much, were paying a fraction of his wage.

I'm on about panic ones today where clubs put their prices up and we bite. 

We've made a good few enquiries over the last week or so and almost all were too much for us.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

How on earth people can say its been a good window when for the next 4 months we are likely to be starting with Marvin fecking Johnson as one our front three is beyond me. 

Strengthened in positions we needed to, signed promising players that fit woody’s philosophy we’re trying to implement - albeit not as much as we’d have liked.. but we have managed to keep our best, most valuable players whilst cutting the wage bill. Decent window in my eyes.

I'm not unhappy with the dealings overall - particularly moving out players that were costly and might not have fitted our plans going forward. We've also strengthened in the full back positions, which I think was essential, and Browne looks promising. 

It does feel like we're possibly a body short at CB but can get by - possibly more than just get by depending on how well Wood progresses. 

I just wish we might have added one more player across the forward positions. That's the area that feels a little short. Johnson had a good game against Luton and I'd love him to be part of the mix of players going forward, but one more for competition up there would have been a good thing today. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Dont think we will see him starting.... Browne and Fletcher will probably be the starters either side of Britt ...... Leaving Gestede as the sub ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dan1234 said:

Because we finally signed a right back and rejected a couple of bids it’s apparently an amazing window. It’s the transfer equivalent of buzzing over Marvin Johnson because he put a cross in. I.e ‘done his job’ for once.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

True. But how often have loan moves been the difference between getting promoted and not? I'd say there are very very few teams that have been successful in this league without relying on the loan market. We did it ourselves with Gaston. 

Well that's the thing isn't it? Look at the way the rest of the league is preparing for this year, they're preparing for a fight at the top. The way we did 2 years ago. They're preparing for a promotion hunt. No matter what Woody or Keane say, the club as a whole is not preparing for that. They've asked for patience for a reason; they don't expect promotion this season.

Now if say we come to January and we're in and around the top 6 with one or two clear problem positions, we might be more open to dealing on the loan front. We'll have half a fee to pay and we'll have justification to throw a bit of money in if needs be. I think that's how this season is going to go. I think Woody needs to prove the concept works, he needs a few months to show what his team can do as is. Loans aren't what we need to do that. If it's working by January, he'll get some backing.

• Like 4

The worse thing about this window is how deceived I feel by the Club and its mouthpiece

Every Gazette article over the summer was headlined Pace and Creativity basically wasn't it while season ticket renewals are on the cards

The window ends and we've spent 200 grand on 1 attacking player?

And suddenly Marvin Johnson, who's a squad player at best, is suddenly the answer at 28 years of age after having an okay first half vs Luton

Don't get me wrong I'm very happy with the full backs and Browne but we definitely need a proper winger, like we have for however many seasons 

• Like 2