oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Rather than blooding premier league youngsters for them to go on and flourish elsewhere i'm looking forward to blooding our own youngsters, hopefully Walker gets more minutes and maybe Coulson will play higher up the pitch if Bola performs well at LB.

• Like 5
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Rock strongo said:

Hello oneboro,

I feel like some people have been spoilt over the past couple of seasons and are expecting much of the same again. We all know what the situation with the club and it's finances were before woody started and we know nothing has changed. 

We've needed full backs for for a few seasons and while we do need wingers we just haven't been able to get them without breaking our transfer policy. That's just the state the club is in right now. 

This is a longer term project so we need to be patient and take it as it comes.

Welcome to the forum RS and a considered first post within a turmoil of divided opinions:classic_blink:

I'm not against the idea of signing Frazier Campbell to be honest Fletcher will be needed wide alot we probably do need an extra non gymnast striker. I love our signings but like I said could do with a spare RB and a winger, Spence aint it and Tav just doesn't look great in wide areas.

Project Fletch-on-the-wing v3.0 got off to a good start but I need more evidence still like him better as a 9. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Rock strongo said:

Hello oneboro,

I feel like some people have been spoilt over the past couple of seasons and are expecting much of the same again. We all know what the situation with the club and it's finances were before woody started and we know nothing has changed. 

We've needed full backs for for a few seasons and while we do need wingers we just haven't been able to get them without breaking our transfer policy. That's just the state the club is in right now. 

This is a longer term project so we need to be patient and take it as it comes.

You think we got spoilt last summer? Really? Yeah I long for the days of selling our best players and blowing the money on s hite.

If we have cash to spare, come January we may be in a better position to bring in people....
good crowds until then based on good performances will boost the pot and hopefully we'll get some reinforcements in.

Just now, Brunners said:

and he's been here during a time when Pulis absolutely refused to utilise any sort of actual wide players.

He was also at a very attacking team in Sheffield and didn't get a look in. 

As a long time lurker I would just like to say there are some utter fannys posting with completely unrealistic expectations of what the club can and will spend. 

For me, this has been a far better window than expected. We finally have natural right back for the first time in 3 or 4 years. We have a fast left back, a new left winger, there are opportunities for youth and young players to shine, we have got rid of some high earners and we have (so far) kept some key players. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
Just now, Phils90 said:

Rather than blooding premier league youngsters for them to go on and flourish elsewhere i'm looking forward to blooding our own youngsters, hopefully Walker gets more minutes and maybe Coulson will play higher up the pitch if Bola performs well at LB.

From what I saw would be very happy to see Coulson in a attacking midfield even dare I say it winger role

• Like 1

The 2 Full-backs will give us much more width this season than we have had previously and Wing, Tav, Browne, Fletcher will play much more direct. I'd still say it's a vast improvement from last season starting team in my opinion. 

8 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

The one aspect that has upset me a little is that my 6 yr old grandson Teddy will be going to the Brentford game on Saturday and his favourite player is Ryan Shotton, the news will be broken to him later on today that the player he realy wanted to see is no longer a Boro player.

Damn it MFC how could you do this to a little boy cruel heartless people you! 

I’d be asking how the parents / grand parents could allow Shotton to be his favourite player myself!!

1 minute ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

I must be going crazy but that Gazette article talking about the second coming of Marvin Johnson has gone to people's heads and now we're rewriting history, he was below average in preseason and had a decent first half vs Luton

He shouldn't be starting for a team that's banged on about pace, creativity and excitement all summer long

Downing and Van La Parra are better players...please hold me to this when he goes missing vs Brentford and is then below average for the next few months 

He's our fastest player and created goals in preseason and our first game... it's like people can only see a player is good or bad, there's no inbetween... he could be a useful player for us without setting the world alight.

Just now, Foogle said:

He's our fastest player and created goals in preseason and our first game... it's like people can only see a player is good or bad, there's no inbetween... he could be a useful player for us without setting the world alight.

Marvin Johnson is our fastest player? How have you worked that one out?

1 minute ago, ron_manager said:

As a long time lurker I would just like to say there are some utter fannys posting with completely unrealistic expectations of what the club can and will spend. 

For me, this has been a far better window than expected. We finally have natural right back for the first time in 3 or 4 years. We have a fast left back, a new left winger, there are opportunities for youth and young players to shine, we have got rid of some high earners and we have (so far) kept some key players. 

There are better and less condescending ways of making your point RM within your first paragraph. The rest of the content totally agree.