oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Just now, Dan1234 said:

Marvin Johnson is our fastest player? How have you worked that one out?

I was thinking that...he’s pretty slow for a winger 

2 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

You think we got spoilt last summer? Really? Yeah I long for the days of selling our best players and blowing the money on s hite.

I feel like some people have been spoilt over the past couple of seasons as in not just last season

1 minute ago, Foogle said:

He's our fastest player and created goals in preseason and our first game... it's like people can only see a player is good or bad, there's no inbetween... he could be a useful player for us without setting the world alight.

I've said many a time he should be a squad player for us, cup games and off the bench and someone much better starting 

Not getting anyone else in is disappointing, but the players that have come, along with the new direction and footballing philosophy is very positive. 

Much happier with where we are now than where we were this time last season. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

But we HAVE given it some attention, we signed Marcus Browne. Yes ideally we could probably do with one more, but when you don't have much money to spend, you're limited in the movements you can make. Next summer once most of the high earners (read: Gestede) are gone, we might have more freedom to make further changes.

Look I get it, I bought into the whole buying cheaper players with potential, I’m happy with every player we’ve signed and looking forward to seeing them on Saturday. 

Yeah the eze thing became a bit of a meme but I wasn’t expecting or even wanting ‘big names’ or for us to throw money about. I just wanted us to have a front 3/4 you could look at and think yeah that’s gonna cause anyone problems. 

• Like 2

Charlie Austin signs on a perm for West Brom, fair play that's a great signing.

1 minute ago, Dan1234 said:

Marvin Johnson is our fastest player? How have you worked that one out?

Who's faster than him in our squad? Maybe one of the new signings? Johnson is a fast player...

• Like 1

Just now, Brunners said:

Can’t see them not getting top two with their squad and manager 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

There are better and less condescending ways of making your point RM within your first paragraph. The rest of the content totally agree.  

I am aware there are better ways but I chose not to use them ?

Just now, Foogle said:

Who's faster than him in our squad? Maybe one of the new signings? Johnson is a fast player...

No idea, I was interested to know how you could say Johnson is our fastest though, I've never seen him run anyone tbh. 

2 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

I've said many a time he should be a squad player for us, cup games and off the bench and someone much better starting 

But he is though, Fletcher and Browne will end up starting on the wings for us.

12 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

So what is Marcus Browne? What about the attacking, pacey fullbacks which we were desperate for?

The attitude that our fans are owed something or that we should just spend money we don't have is dumbfounding. Yet you'd be buzzing if we got some untested prem youngster if you'd heard of them on football manager.

To me, on Friday We looked like we were running Luton Ragged,its just that we were leaving ourselves exposed at the back

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I've heard he is good at curling them in the top corner. 

6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

People are just emotional today. 

I think we've had a good window. One more wide player would have moved it from a good window to a great window. We finally have young attacking full backs, and Marcus Browne (based on limited data granted) looks like he is gonna become an integral part of the team.

People are just upset that we won't pay loan fees anymore.

Clearly we will pay loan fees we just haven't done it today so far.  Do you really think the club were actively pursuing these deals without knowing there would be a fee attached to them?