Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

I don’t understand the negativity surrounding this window. 

Big earners have left the club, recouping money along the way. 

The way the club has operated of not being taken to the cleaners is rather refreshing. Signing young players, who on paper seem to fit our new playing philosophy being instilled by Woodgate. They also have the potential to be sold for profit in the future. 

Yes we might have a few players that not everyone seem to be onboard with. Johnson starting in a front 3 for example, might not be to everyone’s taste, but did anyone really expect him to have the game that he did against Luton? Albeit that he might not match that performance every week but he’s more than capable in a side which is looking to play direct attacking football. We have players already in and around the squad who’ll deliver improvement over last season, maybe not in league position (time will tell with that) but absolutely in playing style. 

I’m more than willing to give the team a chance, why shouldn’t we be optimistic? This new chapter for Boro has only just begun. 

• Like 8
7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

*** hell, we won't pay LARGE loan fees any more, jesus christ.

That's not what you said though.  You said people were just upset because we won't pay loan fees anymore.  People are 'upset' because we haven't added to the squad as much as they'd like.  If you'll permit me to say this, you're the one who sounds most upset at the moment.  Have you considered Yoga or Tai Chi?

9 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

It's hardly enough time to write him off either, as Pulis didn't give him or any other wide player beyond Adama a chance.

It's a new set up and Woodgate seems happy to give him a chance, why shouldn't we?

Because nothing in a fairly long career suggests that he's up to it?   I think people are saying they are happy because we don't have a great deal of choice rather than because they actually are happy.  I don't believe a single person on here would have been eager to see Johnson as a big part of our squad if you'd asked them say six months ago.  But I could be wrong ?

• Like 1

Someone said earlier we were “pushing hard” for one of the Watford wingers and to see if they brought anyone in, they have now. So why can that one not happen? They have 3 wingers who are apparently available for Loan so surely they aren’t demanding fortunes in Loan fees and we are desperate for a winger

32 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

You guys are funny.  We tried to get players in on loan.  We tried to make signings.  The fact that we failed doesn't make it a good thing.  If we hadn't tried at all then you can make the argument that at least we didn't do this and that.  But if we have tried to do those things and haven't been able to get them done then that's failure not success.  You can't describe it in any other fashion no matter how hard you try.

When did anyone say trying and failing to do something was a good thing? It's simply not as black and white as 'tried but not succeed' means unmitigated failure. We didn't just try to make signings, we tried to make signings on our own much lower terms. We went for players hoping, not expecting, but hoping that we could do a deal. Kind of how negotiations work. Each side has their valuations and you go from there. Negotiations come to an end when two parties don't agree. Not agreeing to pay what the other party wants isn't a failure in and of itself. It's reflective of our longer term failures of poor spending and no longer having the money to spend, for sure. But operating within our means this summer isn't a failure. We've clearly chased quite a few different players who we feel improves the squad at a good value. Our inflexibility to negotiate is not a short-term failure.

That and the 'get the business done earlier' stuff. Well we've quite a lot of this window with very little ability to justify even bits and bobs of spending. Braithwaite only left for good 2 weeks ago and it's clear he was holding us back quite a lot. It's not like we've had 3 months to do things freely, we've been held back for a good deal of that.

Just saying, if someone wants to say we're failing as a result of the last 2-3 years and dreadful recruitment and overspending on rubbish players, I'm right behind that and couldn't agree more. But relative to the start of this summer, we've operated within our means and still got a few young players in who fit the bill of the kind of signing we said we want to make, whilst also involving players from our U23s and bringing them through. We've also kept hold of 2 of our strongest and most valuable assets undoubtedly as a result of some of the shifting we've done the opposite way. We've not got every player we want (God knows who has without money to spend) but the window itself as a whole is fine as is.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

Not yet. A few people here said it is definitely done

Of course its not as he was training with us today.

Also cant wait to see these 4 incomings that have been branded about all week by the 'itk posters'

• Like 1