Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

good window overall compared to what were used to, but disappointing last week/deadline day. went from signings 4 players with two apparently taking a tour round the training ground to nothing happening, cant help but be disappointed. overall though, happy with the squad and most excited iv been as a boro fan for some time. 

bring on Brentford!!!

7 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Couldn’t even get rid of Shotton, abysmal 

I know one little boy who would completely disagree with you and can't wait to see him on Saturday.

Someone mentioned about Shotton suddenly becoming a good player for Wigan well I think he can become a better player for Boro.

Teddy is happy therefore I am for him

• Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Dunno mate told it was all agreed...as in fee... personal terms or we had a change of plan

We would have been left pretty short at CB/RB if he had gone, so it might be for the best. I presume it was reliant on us signing a replacement. Unless of course it was never on. 

Just now, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

We would have been left pretty short at CB/RB if he had gone, so it might be for the best. I presume it was reliant on us signing a replacement. Unless of course it was never on in the first place c

Again, it was not reliant on us signing a replacement. As soon as the news broke it was announced Woodgate was happy with the CB options as is and we were happy to let him go with no replacement.

To be fair it's probably the best if Shotton stayed as we only have Friend or 17 year old Wood as cover for if Fry or Ayala injured. However don't think this contribution warrants around 30k a week so in January we'll be looking to find a cheaper option I reckon

1 minute ago, Red Rocket said:

We all knew the club had no money. I do feel for Woodgate because I feel he could have made a go for promotion this season but it's going to be mid table for us this year. I like what I saw at Luton, however, so the season is probably going to be better than the last two. 

More entertaining football but maybe upto 7-10 league places lower. I agree this season a building year but we haven’t even stood still against our division rivals we have gone backwards. Hopefully this is what was needed but if we wanted more folk to go watch us success needed as well as performance. 

Just now, Brunners said:

Again, it was not reliant on us signing a replacement. As soon as the news broke it was announced Woodgate was happy with the CB options as is and we were happy to let him go with no replacement.

Who announced this? Did Woodgate make a public statement?

Just now, Naisby said:

More entertaining football but maybe upto 7-10 league places lower. I agree this season a building year but we haven’t even stood still against our division rivals we have gone backwards. Hopefully this is what was needed but if we wanted more folk to go watch us success needed as well as performance. 

We are pretty on par with who are divisional rivals are nowadays mate. We're not in the upper echelon of Championship teams anymore and we need to bring our expectations in line with that.

• Like 1

There's a lot of teams who've signed real talent in the past couple of days especially today, we've been left behind a bit 

Still might struggle for goals with our current attacking options tbh, I think 10th-14th this season which is a shame because we're only a couple of players short of mounting a play off push 

2 minutes ago, Naisby said:

We will not finish between 14th-17th. We will 100% be top half. 

• Like 1
Just now, Brunners said:

We are pretty on par with who are divisional rivals are nowadays mate. We're not in the upper echelon of Championship teams anymore and we need to bring our expectations in line with that.

I’m not so sure, we a team in transition, both in style and in squad, most of our rivals have added to their squads, I agree about expectations and I’m happy to see this as a foundation, but this needs to be communicated from the top, atm we still supposed to be working to the Smash the League plan, as that’s the last one we were publicly given. 

2 minutes ago, Naisby said:

So you believe we will finish 14th to 17th in the league. Give yer head a shake. We have a much more balanced squad than last season and let us be honest if the team last season had an attacking intent we would have finished higher than we did. 

I have no doubt we will finish in the top half of the league at least. Look at Sheff United last season. Far weaker squad (on paper) than Leeds, WBA etc but they had an attacking intent, team spirit and they clicked. 

• Like 3