oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

He says he read about Shotton to Wigan on Gazettelive?

In one breath he's an absolutist manager dictating specific narrow targets in the next he's a powerless head coach who's starting CB being sold is news to him via the Gazette website?

Honestly I don't know what's going on if the aim this season behind the scenes is reshape and restructure completely they should have sold Britt and Randolph why have those players if the stated aim in the backroom is midtable?

Bevington was supposed to integrate a 'Boro DNA' as part of his job description our academy's in great shape already without him and Woodgate's shown there's a pathway I'm just confused why our recruitment head is remitted with that task I'd still prefer an outsider 'recruitment head' who we have faith isn't limiting Woodgate or the U23s recruitment options we need to open up to foreign scouting again in a serious manner Woodgate wont get the tools he needs on a tight budget by taking ex Sunderland defenders as trialists with the 23s and paying top dollar for some of the best League 1 players the club will need to seriously look for the 500k-1.5 million players from foreign leagues in the near future I'm not sure the current setup allows that.

"I read that (about Wigan), I read that on GazetteLive, I was finding out more from you than I was anywhere else to be honest but I didn't know anything about it," he said.

Excellent communication within the club ?

26 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

"I read that (about Wigan), I read that on GazetteLive, I was finding out more from you than I was anywhere else to be honest but I didn't know anything about it," he said.

Excellent communication within the club ?

Lines up with what we know - he was also totally in the dark on the Braithwaite stuff too.

For anyone that didnt see it, SDS posted this on the Brentford thread... 

Haven't we disected the transfer window enough.

DS can we look to close this please and move on .....

3 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

We can still send players on loan till September, where is that news meant to go!

16 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

The thread title was changed to 'Post Mortem', which is something that occurs after the main event. The window was closed about 48 hours ago. You can't even get a real post mortem done in that time! 

1 hour ago, Maccarone said:

Bloody strange forum where the mods actively try to shut down discussion ?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Will said:

Bloody strange forum where the mods actively try to shut down discussion ?

Yes Will. I don’t understand why someone would want an active thread shut down. Just don’t read it if you don’t like it.

• Like 1

I personally think that there should always be a transfer thread open. Just because the transfer window has closed doesn't mean that discussion has to stop too. 

Imagine if the club only talked about transfers when the window is open we'd be in a much worse/the same position. 

29 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

I personally think that there should always be a transfer thread open. Just because the transfer window has closed doesn't mean that discussion has to stop too. 

Imagine if the club only talked about transfers when the window is open we'd be in a much worse/the same position. 

?

3 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

were loans dependent on offloading Shotton?

They may well have been. We could be maxed out on wages and were hoping to move him on in order to bring in others.