oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Agree with most peoples views on this 5/6 years ago I’d be happy but now meh 

On 8/29/2019 at 1:04 PM, Smoggydownsouth said:

Talking with Matty Jarvis 

That would possibly be the most unambitious singing I can remember the club making. 

Surprised we haven't asked about Markovic. Plays exactly where we need, is still a good age, free transfer and I think hes the sort of player Woody would get his arm around and possibly put him on the right track. 

7 hours ago, Dan1234 said:

That would possibly be the most unambitious singing I can remember the club making. 

Surprised we haven't asked about Markovic. Plays exactly where we need, is still a good age, free transfer and I think hes the sort of player Woody would get his arm around and possibly put him on the right track. 

Comes with almost nothing but baggage, hasn’t done anything for about 4 years and probably still demands huge wages. A player like that should only be signed on a performance based contract that can be easily terminated. There is a reason why he still hasn’t found a club. All that said I’d still take him over Jarvis. 

Anyone think we'll try to sign a defender or 2 during the international break next week?

Looking at today's team one or two more wouldn't do any harm

Reckon Woody might get a game at this rate, and sure we might as well stick Robbie up front then too! At least he knows how to take a peno :D

Btw did we ever get an official fee reported for Braithwaite? Denmarks biggest sports paper is saying we got 10 million Euros (which I find very hard to believe)

5 hours ago, Borodane said:

Btw did we ever get an official fee reported for Braithwaite? Denmarks biggest sports paper is saying we got 10 million Euros (which I find very hard to believe)

Transfermarkt have it down as £8.82m. I'm incredibly doubtful of that.

Burnley want to sign Nathan Wood in January for £9m according to the Sun.  They'll be bidding for one of our u12s CBs next.

Whatever happened with Jarvis? Did they realize how done he is?

4 hours ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Burnley want to sign Nathan Wood in January for £9m according to the Sun.  They'll be bidding for one of our u12s CBs next.

I wish they’d just *** off.

5 hours ago, Hendrie_7 said:

"Okay so we insulted them with our bid for fry. Let's go even lower for an even younger centre back with even more potential, what could possibly go wrong."

Starting to think there's very little in the Burnley links to be honest. Especially this one. Seems like someone is just taking interest and a few low calibre bids into a genuine chase for the player. They've still got Gibson who they invested a lot more on, someone with plenty more experience than both Fry and Wood and he can't get a game for love nor money. No value in Wood leaving, no value in us selling, no value in Burnley spending £9m, just seems like rubbish.

• Like 1