oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

I have previously mentioned Mustapha Bundu as a real talent we should have looked at. Since this season kicked off he is probably already out of our price range. Massive talent. Scored a hat trick this weekend and is fast becoming the Adama Traore of the danish league. I know a lot don’t seem to think so but there is some really decent talent in the danish league. 

In my team there is also an Australian lad Mustafa Amini. 26 years old midfielder and his contract is running out in the summer. I’d happily sell Saville and bring him in in January. Should be relatively cheap as my team can’t really afford to say no to 500 k instead of letting him go for free in the summer. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

11 hours ago, SmogDane said:

From the Danish League We should scout the following... 

Muhktar (Brøndby), Marc Dal Hende and  Joel Anderson (FCM), Lucas Andersen (AaB) and the Bundu guy BD named from AGF 

Mukhtar has already agreed to join a MLS side from january. Dal Hende is a decent left wing back but not someone we need and Anderson is not someone I have noticed although FCM are notoriously expensive to do business with. Lucas Andersen is a brilliant playmaker and probably the best in the league although I don't think he'd be cut out for the Championship. He'll be expensive though, and probably around the 4-5 million mark. Another player is Emanuel Sabbi. Left sided forward.

Bit of post motem chatter to share guys. Spoke with someone who has been interviewed for the technical scout position that was advertised by the club recently.

At the interview they discussed the business they did in the previous window. He was told that they were in really hard for Eddie Nketiah, but we "had a nightmare" and were unable to get him. He was also told of an enquiry we made for Mason Greenwood, unfortunately we were told to *** off! ??

It seems we were looking to recruit a young PL striker on loan, Smogzilla. Troy Parrott of Spurs might be worth a look in Jan. Maybe Brewster at Liverpool as well.

Just listing names of young strikers in PL here. 

Feel free to add to list guys...

5 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Man City looking at Fry

Fellow supporters might not share my view but any bid in excess of £20m and I would sell.

I think someone itk said on here only half of the transfer fee we get on players will go back in to squad reinvestment. But £10m can get you a fair bit in this league IF spent wisely including a replacement for Fry.

Spending wisely is not something we done well of late but with our new transfer approach I am hoping that will change.

The trouble is I have no faith in our club to spend the money to make us stronger look at Bamford £10 million, Gibson £15 million and Traore £17 million. But if he is going to Man city we can get alot more than £20 million as it needs to be enough to buy a squad that will actually smash the championship!  

I watch Man City closely, as my best friend is a long standing fan. City might have sent a scout or two to watch Dael,  but I doubt they'd try to fix their flawed defence with a largely unproven and injury-hit Championship youngster. Unless their plan was to sign him and then loan him out for a couple of years.

A sale-and-loanback deal might be palatable, if we reinvested the money in players who would actually suit the type of football Woody claims to want to play. It's obvious which deficiencies in our squad need to be addressed, and quickly.

59 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I watch Man City closely, as my best friend is a long standing fan. City might have sent a scout or two to watch Dael,  but I doubt they'd try to fix their flawed defence with a largely unproven and injury-hit Championship youngster. Unless their plan was to sign him and then loan him out for a couple of years.

A sale-and-loanback deal might be palatable, if we reinvested the money in players who would actually suit the type of football Woody claims to want to play. It's obvious which deficiencies in our squad need to be addressed, and quickly.

Yeah I agree with that, he's absolutely miles away from that level. I think Fry has looked good in the Championship but I don't think he's set the world alight either. 

If I was a Premier league scout I'd be happy to buy him but I'd ideally want to see him develop at Championship level on loan for another couple of seasons. 

If it's true, I'd ask everyone what I've said before; is the £20m we receive from Fry alone going to solve our problems? A question for the club is how much is just to keep us going and not to actually begin moving the club as a whole in the other direction? Is a big transfer fee on its own good for us or is it just going to be burnt on other players' wages? Would accepting a lower fee on a player like Britt, Saville, Shotton or otherwise be better for the finances as they actually reduce our wage bill by a significant amount?

Also bear in mind that Fry represents everything that's potentially good about the way we move forward, bringing in high potential youngsters, giving them first team football and building a side around them. He's one of those that has already shown in probably the most significant way (vs. other young players) what he's capable of at this level. At such an early stage of the transition process, I'd ask if there is significant value right now for us to let a player go for a good value. I'm not convinced. The wage bill will still be high from players who don't represent what we are now trying to achieve so we'll still have a problem without removing them from the squad.

Recent history has also taught me not to trust the club to spend any significant amount of money well. We have a good player right now in Fry, bringing in £20m on its own does not represent a good decision, it's what we do with that money that will ultimately represent whether or not a deal of that ilk would be good for us.

• Like 4

Somehow next Summer we're going to need to replace Ayala, Shotton, Friend and Howson who are all available for free, whilst trying to sell Britt and Randolph for as much as possible who will be into their final year.

Fair to say we are *** and the 20 mil from Fry is very much needed.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

If it's true, I'd ask everyone what I've said before; is the £20m we receive from Fry alone going to solve our problems? A question for the club is how much is just to keep us going and not to actually begin moving the club as a whole in the other direction? Is a big transfer fee on its own good for us or is it just going to be burnt on other players' wages? Would accepting a lower fee on a player like Britt, Saville, Shotton or otherwise be better for the finances as they actually reduce our wage bill by a significant amount?

Also bear in mind that Fry represents everything that's potentially good about the way we move forward, bringing in high potential youngsters, giving them first team football and building a side around them. He's one of those that has already shown in probably the most significant way (vs. other young players) what he's capable of at this level. At such an early stage of the transition process, I'd ask if there is significant value right now for us to let a player go for a good value. I'm not convinced. The wage bill will still be high from players who don't represent what we are now trying to achieve so we'll still have a problem without removing them from the squad.

Recent history has also taught me not to trust the club to spend any significant amount of money well. We have a good player right now in Fry, bringing in £20m on its own does not represent a good decision, it's what we do with that money that will ultimately represent whether or not a deal of that ilk would be good for us.

I admire your romantic thoughts about keeping our home grown talent and moving forward while offloading high earners that don't really contribute. I'd happily rather sell Shotton and Saville than Fry. Probably even Britt. Back in the real world we're not going to get much from Saville and Shotton is out of contract next summer. I think we'll struggle to sell Saville for more than 2,5 million now. I'll have to ask you: Can we improve the team with 0 money. On evidence we have absolutely no funds and we need to add a few players with quality.

Is the team better off by keeping Fry and not adding any players, or is it better to sell him and add a new defender and two wingers? I know it's a difficult question to answer because we can't predict the future, but I think we need the last option more than the first.