oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

38 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Somehow next Summer we're going to need to replace Ayala, Shotton, Friend and Howson who are all available for free, whilst trying to sell Britt and Randolph for as much as possible who will be into their final year.

Fair to say we are *** and the 20 mil from Fry is very much needed.

Friend has already been replaced, we have enough midfielders to cover for the loss of Howson. I think Ayala is going to extend and we'll let Shottons contract run out and promote a youngster or get a free transfer/loan to cover him. If Ayala doesn't extend we'll have to hope that we get lucky with his replacement.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Somehow next Summer we're going to need to replace Ayala, Shotton, Friend and Howson who are all available for free, whilst trying to sell Britt and Randolph for as much as possible who will be into their final year.

Fair to say we are *** and the 20 mil from Fry is very much needed.

I'd say we'll be in a relegation battle if we lose those players unless we somehow start to recruit better. 

35 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I admire your romantic thoughts about keeping our home grown talent and moving forward while offloading high earners that don't really contribute. I'd happily rather sell Shotton and Saville than Fry. Probably even Britt. Back in the real world we're not going to get much from Saville and Shotton is out of contract next summer. I think we'll struggle to sell Saville for more than 2,5 million now. I'll have to ask you: Can we improve the team with 0 money. On evidence we have absolutely no funds and we need to add a few players with quality.

Is the team better off by keeping Fry and not adding any players, or is it better to sell him and add a new defender and two wingers? I know it's a difficult question to answer because we can't predict the future, but I think we need the last option more than the first. 

I think the former. I think we're better off holding off on selling him, seems daft initially to do it just because we've struggled to get rid of other players because we still actually might do that. I'd rather we keep pushing to move out other players than immediately accept bids for Fry.

And the argument that we need to sell to buy... well I'd also rather we stopped thinking we're in desperate need for players when we're absolutely not. We could do with some extra players in certain positions, sure. But we're absolutely not in dire need of them based on our season so far. The only position I can think of where we've played anyone out of position is right-back and on the wing (and that's Fletcher, one of our better players this season). What positions desperately need improvement in the first team? The desperate need that some people seem to think we have is surely based on how far we are away from being a promoted team and that is not necessary right now, we're not 2 or 3 players away from promotion hunting, we're not set up for it at all any more, it's going to take some time to get back there. So any decision we take to move towards that should be balanced by asking what we have to sacrifice right now in order to try and make that achievement. Is it worth getting rid of Fry to attempt to move in that direction right now?

Add to the fact that our recruitment is rubbish and has been for ages, do I trust our hierarchy to replace Fry and keep us in a similar position? Do I trust them to spend that money well on positions we could do with improvement in? Not right now, no. I actually think selling Fry first thing in January would put us in a worse position and set us back on our journey as I've no belief we'll make the progress during that month or the summer to spend that money and offset the sacrifice positively enough to push us further along our journey. I'd rather we once again try our hardest to get rid of those on big contracts and try to replace them with another 1 or 2 akin to those we signed in the summer.

With money getting sillier and sillier every year, I do see relegation scraps in our near future. Maybe not this year, but soon. Really aren't many minnows knocking around the Championship anymore, and it's going to get much easier for 'big' second division clubs like us to get dragged into trouble. 

We either get investment.... Or the Woodgate project turns out to be the next Farke/Wilder project... not sure about that though. 

16 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

With money getting sillier and sillier every year, I do see relegation scraps in our near future. Maybe not this year, but soon. Really aren't many minnows knocking around the Championship anymore, and it's going to get much easier for 'big' second division clubs like us to get dragged into trouble. 

We either get investment.... Or the Woodgate project turns out to be the next Farke/Wilder project... not sure about that though. 

Who in our division is throwing silly money around at the moment? Theres only a handful of clubs. 

Look at some of the teams above us: Preston, Bristol City, Birmingham, Blackburn, Charlton, Hull. 

None are particularly big clubs, a few of them have been really badly run with so called terrible owners. The fact that we are below some of those teams is a reflection at how badly our club is being run. 

If people are suggesting that we should just accept being relegation candidates then I think the club have brainwashed us into accepting mediocrity. 

2 hours ago, Borodane said:

Friend has already been replaced, we have enough midfielders to cover for the loss of Howson. I think Ayala is going to extend and we'll let Shottons contract run out and promote a youngster or get a free transfer/loan to cover him. If Ayala doesn't extend we'll have to hope that we get lucky with his replacement.

If Wood is the youngster promoted, as usually talked about, he's overhyped/not ready. Yes I've seen him play for the u23s many times.

George Friend has not been replaced. Bola having 1 maybe 2 decent halves and Coulson 1 good half vs Luton does not mean your stalwart is replaced.

NEXT SUMMER
1. Shotton
2. Ayala
3. Friend
4. Howson
5. Marv
6  Rudy

SUMMER 2021
1. Randolph
2. Clayton
3. Fletcher
4. Britt
5. Tav

I think from next summer list that Shotton and Rudy will leave. Friend Ayala and Howson will be offered new deals and hopefully sign. Marv will depend on what season he has but probably leave.

From the list of 2021 we also need to get all them on new deals asap so we are not exposed to people entering final years of their contracts. Maybe bar Clayton who we can wait on for now.

Also like to add that with likes of Djiksteel, Bola, Coulson, Browne etc we need to be patient. Lets not start judging them in under 10 games. They are young and they will make mistakes. But i think the 3 full backs will get a good run now. Especially Bola and Coulson with friend out until end of Nov so hopefully they kick on as we would all love them to succeed.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

If Wood is the youngster promoted, as usually talked about, he's overhyped/not ready. Yes I've seen him play for the u23s many times.

George Friend has not been replaced. Bola having 1 maybe 2 decent halves and Coulson 1 good half vs Luton does not mean your stalwart is replaced.

Yeah Friend has been a stalwart player for almost a decade now but he’s been on the decline and Bola and Coulson are the future (hopefully). At least they should be after this season. I’m with you on Woods that he probably isn’t ready for regular championship football. Whatever happens next summer I’m fairly sure that we need to sign at least one CB because I don’t think that shotton, Ayala and Fry will all stay. 

@wilson I think we desperately need one or two wingers. Johnson is the only senior winger we have at the club and while he has had a decent start to the season he’s not exactly class. Fletcher isn’t a winger and Browne doesn’t look ready at all. 

Not sure if it's been mentioned on here and I'm no way ITK but I've heard Ayala has bought a house down south, possibly Essex and his family are moving down there

Just thought I'd share 

1 hour ago, Tuns said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned on here and I'm no way ITK but I've heard Ayala has bought a house down south, possibly Essex and his family are moving down there

Just thought I'd share 

Strange.. they just got done building a big extension to a mansion they already have up here. I saw an interview of him saying he wants to become an agent after football and would move down south for that.

Anyway, anyone what's going on with Tav? Must be a reason he can't get in this side and Walker is being brought on ahead of him.

1 hour ago, mendieta420 said:

Strange.. they just got done building a big extension to a mansion they already have up here. I saw an interview of him saying he wants to become an agent after football and would move down south for that.

Anyway, anyone what's going on with Tav? Must be a reason he can't get in this side and Walker is being brought on ahead of him.

Almost every ‘itk’ info I’ve seen on tav has said he’s a total nob behind the scenes. I’d just bin him off if that’s true I don’t even think he’s that good.

25 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Almost every ‘itk’ info I’ve seen on tav has said he’s a total nob behind the scenes. I’d just bin him off if that’s true I don’t even think he’s that good.

Yeah... not saying he's that good but surely he's better than Johnson. Also he has a decent scoring record.