oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Maybe the summer transfer thread has run it's course now because little by little there are posts referring to what might be happening.

Although early maybe someone could author a winter transfer window thread because there will be "links" rumours and speculation both in's and outs and with our current plight there is a lot of potential to debate in the forthcoming weeks.

Going to close this now (should have done weeks ago as it still drifts along)

I think someone made the point that a transfer thread should just be a constant thing and I kind of agree to be honest. Maybe time to put an end to the Winter/Summer threads.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think someone made the point that a transfer thread should just be a constant thing and I kind of agree to be honest. Maybe time to put an end to the Winter/Summer threads.

I just put up a winther thread 😛

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Hmmm I don't know history tells me that members like both windows to be discussed otherwise it will always be an on-going saga with big gaps!

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Hmmm I don't know history tells me that members like both windows to be discussed otherwise it will always be an on-going saga with big gaps!

Also and especially with our current state if this continues and we drop further then people will want to use the winter window thread even more so. There will be plenty of activity when up and running I am sure

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think this may have been me. One thread to discuss transfers as there is never really a break in speculation despite the windows. Just makes sense to me 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I agree too 🙂

Come on, you cannot always have your way 😛 Your constant crying made way for the NFL thread to be moved, now this .. A five billion pages thread is not the answer .. A new fresh thread for each window brings more meaning, then one can go back in the archive and easier find something if needed in the future. 🤡

• Like 1

I think it's better to just have a thread per transfer window otherwise we are going to have this thread with a million pages in! Also makes it more difficult to archive a transfer window as we may want too look back at how depressed we were in 4 year time 😂. The compromise could be a 19-20 season long transfer feed. Then next summer a 20-21 one is created?

• Like 1

I think when a thread causes arguments it is time to close them.

This is why we used to close previous threads because folks got fed up with it.

I am a bit of a traditionalist and like to see threads dedicated for both windows and whilst I appreciate others view points I see no reason to change a tried and tested way.

Therefore title changed and thread closed 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Latest Posts

• Saturday 24th April 3pm Barnsley v Rotherham (H) Blackburn v Huddersfield (D) Bournemouth v Brentford (H) Bristol City v Luton (A) Cardiff v Wycombe (A) Coventry v Preston (H) Derby v Birmingham (A) Middlesbrough v Sheffield Wed (H) Nottingham v Stoke (D) QPR v Norwich (H) Reading v Swansea (D) Watford v Millwall (H)  
    • I was much happier with Boro's performance but the defence looked brittle to non existent against a struggling side.
    • Do hope his training ground nickname is Willy Kok or I'll have lost all respect for our lads.
    • Scene 1: Int (Night) [It’s 3am in a kitchen lit by the glow of the moon. Neil Warnock walks in yawning, wearing Paddington Bear pyjamas and fluffy slippers. He opens the fridge and takes out a bottle of milk. When he shuts the door, a ghostly white apparition has appeared behind it] WARNOCK [dropping the milk]: Jesus Christ! APPARITION: Not quite. [The ghostly white features move closer] No use crying over it, though, eh? WARNOCK: G…Garry? APPARITION: Yes. It is me. Garry. WARNOCK [looking around wildly]: How the hell did you get into my kitchen? MONK: I go wherever I want, and nobody ever seems to stop me. I find it quite peculiar. Middlesbrough…Birmingham…Sheffield Wednesday…Sky…I have the ability to slither in without invitation and then hang around until the scales fall off people’s eyes and they see me for what I really am. WARNOCK [composing himself]: So why are you in my house, Friar Took-all-the-money? MONK: I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed watching the Rotherham game on Wednesday. WARNOCK: I bloody didn’t. I had to fill the bench with kids. They had an average age of 11. MONK: No, I didn’t enjoy watching Middlesbrough. I enjoyed watching Rotherham. I get a certain pleasure from watching teams getting relegated. I mean, I get a lot of pleasure. It gives me a semi-final feeling. WARNOCK: Well, you certainly gave relegation a good go with my lot. MONK: I did my best, but my plan didn’t work at Middlesbrough. I was hoping to bankrupt them, but Mr Gibson found a Post-It note with my calculations of how many strikers I needed to buy to guarantee liquidation. He made me leave before I could finish the job. I did hope Tony Bent would finish what I started, but he spent all the money on defenders so they ended up drawing every game 0-0. Even the village idiot couldn’t find his way to League One. And then you came along with your mid-table mediocrity. [Hisses] You hero. WARNOCK: Hero? We’re tenth. And we’re bloody broke, thanks to you. I only found Watmore cos he was working in the local Sainsbury's garage when I went to fill up the Montego. His signing-on fee was a Big Mac meal cos he hadn’t eaten for three days. MONK: You’re still not going to be relegated, though. Such a disappointment. But my greatest project is Sheffield Wednesday. I've really put them through it, haven't I? Oh, that's managers for you; they always know which buttons to press. WARNOCK: The self-destruct one in your case. I still can’t believe what a shambles you made of that transfer kitty. I’m having to let Fletcher and Assombalonga leave for free cos we can’t afford to pay them any more. We've even prised all the 50p pieces out of the electricity meter, and it's still not enough. MONK [runs his tongue over his teeth]: I did my best. In the end, I couldn’t get Boro relegated, but I sowed the seeds of the club's decline. They'd be established in the Premier League if I hadn't buggered up the finances so much. Which means you'd be a Premier League manager, instead of a Championship one again. It was all me, Neil. It’s always been me. The author of all your pain. Scene 2: Int (Night) [The Warnock marital bed. Mrs W is wearing a Bri-Nylon nightie and an eye mask, sitting up as her husband rolls around screaming] MRS W [shaking Warnock awake]: Neil? Neil? Wake up! WARNOCK [trembling]: Oh God, that was awful. MRS W: The James Bond dream again? WARNOCK: Yes. But this time, the baddy was a snake. MRS W [calmly]: Oh, it was Monk this time, was it? You really need to stop eating Stilton before bed. You know it gives you nightmares. WARNOCK [rubbing eyes]: I'll give you nightmares. Have you seen my injury list? [Ends]   Match details: It’s a 3pm kick-off on Saturday, at ‘fortress’ Riverside.   Form guide: We’re mired in mid-table mediocrity, but Wednesday may be about to follow Boro’s example of being relegated due to a points deduction. At least their descent will be less high-profile than their near neighbours United, who are about to follow Boro’s example of being relegated with less than 30 points.   View from the other side: No MDT from the familiar-looking Owlstalk forum yet, but there is a thread called “Colin loves us really”, which is worth a read.   Questions for the audience: 1.       Who makes your starting XI? 2.       Given Connor Malley’s man-of-the-match debut, which other youngsters would you like to see in the squad/team? 3.       If you could only choose one, would you prefer to see Wednesday or Derby go down?