oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Maybe the summer transfer thread has run it's course now because little by little there are posts referring to what might be happening.

Although early maybe someone could author a winter transfer window thread because there will be "links" rumours and speculation both in's and outs and with our current plight there is a lot of potential to debate in the forthcoming weeks.

Going to close this now (should have done weeks ago as it still drifts along)

I think someone made the point that a transfer thread should just be a constant thing and I kind of agree to be honest. Maybe time to put an end to the Winter/Summer threads.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think someone made the point that a transfer thread should just be a constant thing and I kind of agree to be honest. Maybe time to put an end to the Winter/Summer threads.

I just put up a winther thread šŸ˜›

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Hmmm I don't know history tells me that members like both windows to be discussed otherwise it will always be an on-going saga with big gaps!

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Hmmm I don't know history tells me that members like both windows to be discussed otherwise it will always be an on-going saga with big gaps!

Also and especially with our current state if this continues and we drop further then people will want to use the winter window thread even more so. There will be plenty of activity when up and running I am sure

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think this may have been me. One thread to discuss transfers as there is never really a break in speculation despite the windows. Just makes sense to meĀ 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I agree too šŸ™‚

4 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I agree too šŸ™‚

Come on, you cannot always have your way šŸ˜›Ā Your constant crying made way for the NFL thread to be moved, now this .. A five billion pages thread is not the answer .. A new fresh thread for each window brings more meaning, then one can go back in the archive and easier findĀ something if needed in the future.Ā šŸ¤”

Edited by SmogDane
  • Like 1

I also agre, let's just had one dedicated always open thread for transfers :classic_blink:

makes absolutely no difference to me either way .Ā  i can see sense in both sides of the arguement.Ā  but sadly theĀ  outcome itself just looks like turning into a *** contestĀ  .Ā  Ā 

I think it's better to just have a thread per transfer window otherwise we are going to have this thread with a million pages in! Also makes it more difficult to archive a transfer window as we may want too look back at how depressed we were in 4 year time šŸ˜‚. The compromise could be a 19-20 season long transfer feed. Then next summer a 20-21 one is created?

Edited by DurhamRed
  • Like 1

I think when a thread causes arguments it is time to close them.

This is why we used to close previous threads because folks got fed up with it.

IĀ am a bit of a traditionalist and like to see threads dedicatedĀ for both windows and whilst I appreciate others view pointsĀ I see no reason to change a tried and tested way.

Therefore title changed and thread closedĀ