Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

11 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

Vydra and Britt would make a nice front 2, Vydra is kind of like Negredo where he drops in deeper and gets involved in the build up. From what I remember he even played wide forward at Watford.

I don't think we're even considering players like this anymore. Prem wage..

4 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

We're signing the wrong one... Macaulay Bonne would've been a better choice in my opinion.

Koroma is three years younger so maybe they see more potential in him. At 23 I think Bonne might want an easier route to first team football.

• Like 1

I'd rather us sign young lads that have potential and are hungry for it.  We have been sting for years with players that want big money and then just do not put the effort it.  Equally we have had some that have been good but I'm pleased with a new way of going about things.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/sunderland-afc-news/who-is-josh-koroma-the-500-000-sunderland-middlesbrough-huddersfield-and-aston-villa-target-1-9824361

Sunderland after him too and put this artical up a few days ago about his style of play. Sounds like the right kind of fit for our new style of play 

3 hours ago, Snowblind said:

We're signing the wrong one... Macaulay Bonne would've been a better choice in my opinion.

I think the important thing is that we're signing someone from Leyton Orient.

Strange thing I find when we're linked to Koromas/Yearwoods is their prices are set at like 500k a piece so if we really were after the pair of them you'd think we'd pay it since we were bidding over 1.5 in January for a freshly uncrocked Vassell. Also hesitant to even judge what we'd do with Koroma we paid more for George Miller at a slightly higher level he was sent to U23s then loaned out. I think Yearwood would actually be a good signing for the engine room I was hoping that link had a bit more to it either way with the figures quoted if we were truly in for them I'd figure we'd pay it instantly myself no point negotiating 600k to 400k if your scouts say he's showing any kind of potential at those prices you'd just pay it.

15 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I know it is early yet but the two names we have now been heavily linked with since the hiring are 20 and 22 years old. 

I hope this trend continues!

Why?  We've signed young players recently, it's not a new thing.  I want us to sign some good players, yeah it'd be handy if they weren't 33 or whatever but being good should be our priority not age.  How much did we pay for George Miller?  For Ashley Fletcher even?

17 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

being good should be our priority not age. 

Unless the club truly are striving toward this radical shift in philosophy, then maybe age and potential is more important at the moment than how good players currently are.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Unless the club truly are striving toward this radical shift in philosophy, then maybe age and potential is more important at the moment than how good players currently are.

That's fine if you want to end up like say Brentford but I'm assuming our ambitions go further than that.  I hope so anyway.