oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

10 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I didn't say there was anything wrong with doing both.  My own positivity about signings won't be based much on their age though, that's all ?

Cool ??????????

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Then he wouldn't be able to disagree with people on here.

Your original post made no mention of the players abilities or whether they'd fit a prospective style of play.  You were happy about the fact that they were young and nothing else.  If you want to turn it into a big deal that's your prerogative but I think I've been entirely reasonable with what I've said and how I've said it.  It seems my reputation means that even when I post the same as everyone else it's somehow still a problem ?

8 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Your original post made no mention of the players abilities or whether they'd fit a prospective style of play.  You were happy about the fact that they were young and nothing else.  If you want to turn it into a big deal that's your prerogative but I think I've been entirely reasonable with what I've said and how I've said it.  It seems my reputation means that even when I post the same as everyone else it's somehow still a problem ?

I posted that I was happy we were linked with two players 20 and 22. You're the one that extrapolated on that I didnt care about ability etc. 

You really need to stop just assuming things.

What I said is what I said and is all I meant. I am happy the players we are linked with are young. 

All you had to say was "I hope they're actually good too!" And youd have got the same point across in a much more pleasant manner.

With respect Brunners, what you actually said is how old they were and then 'I hope this trend continues!'.  I didn't assume anything, I just replied to what you wrote.  My reply was:

'Why?  We've signed young players recently, it's not a new thing.  I want us to sign some good players, yeah it'd be handy if they weren't 33 or whatever but being good should be our priority not age.  How much did we pay for George Miller?  For Ashley Fletcher even?'

If you're saying you found that unpleasant then I'm sorry as it wasn't intended to be and to be honest I don't see that as being posted in an unpleasant manner.  But yeah it wasn't intended to be if you or anyone else felt it was ?

6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It reads unnecessarily dismissive as if I was wrong to have that opinion. To me anyway.

If I tell you that it wasn't meant that way so you're wrong to have this opinion will you knack me? ?

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

If I tell you that it wasn't meant that way so you're wrong to have this opinion will you knack me? ?

No I believe you, I apologise for responding the way I did.

In a state of play type article Vickers says the Becker move has been bogged down in the past few weeks because of his agent, Braithwaite's still nuclear and the extra striker we'll sign if we push Gestede/Braithwaite out will be of the ilk of a Vassell or Koroma rather than a bigger name. 

If we're targeting the Charlton RB, Koroma, Yearwood and even Aiesh I can't really see how we'd end up losing out on them our rivals for them are Rotherham/Sunderland/Bristol type teams it's not like we're piling in for Premier League players vs Stoke/Leeds/Fulham. We'll see anyway we have alot of linked names we could do with some through the door if the names we've heard are 'top of the list' types I'm not sure I want to find out who's our 3rd/4th choice for those spots.

• Like 1

Personally I’m loving these names were linked with, it’s not just their age you can look at their history and highlight videos and see their promise, koroma imo looks an excellent player, his control of the ball is already good and his finishes are excellent, always hitting the corners.

someone said were after the wrong one and should have got Bonne but I think koroma looks far more accomplished.

I have had another theory though that whoever is in charge of recruiting has a bit of a thing for young black lads....

the optimisim around these new targets though definately goes against all those who think our fans are only happy with big names. Not true at all, get a few of these lads in and I’ll be well excited for next season!

1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

As an educated guess, I imagine we will have a medium between the two.

As an assumption maybe Woodgate still sees Shotton and Friend as our starting fullbacks. So this summer we may be targeting younger fullbacks with the intentions of them pushing for a first team place.

Whereas we have no real wingers for our starting positions, so this summer we may be targeting more established wingers. 

I really hope we don’t line up next season with Friend and Shotton as fullbacks.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

So after reading that back could you explain to me what's different about what we have been doing as compared to this new approach?  Football gets complicated by people who want to show their value/importance.  Sign decent players for an appropriate fee and wages, hire good coaches/managers and you will basically have a good side.  It's when everything is muddled up that things don't work out and that's been our biggest problem over the past few years.  It's bloody obvious to me that there have been different factions at work within the club and that's not ideal.  I assume that this new start will remove that but then some of the same people are still involved and I believe they were responsible or partly responsible for what has been happening so I don't have a great deal of confidence in them.

The part in bold is where I think our policy will change. This is something where I believe the club are striving to change, in the past as you mention there have been different people pulling in different directions. 

At the moment it seems the club are trying to bring in the right people (coaches that have been hired) that align with our new approach. There seems to be a huge emphasis on the collective.

We may have the same transfer policy as in the past, but I believe we will see a united front in terms of the signings being made. A prime example of when this didn't happen was the Rhodes signing. It was obvious that he was not Aitor's signing.

19 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I really hope we don’t line up next season with Friend and Shotton as fullbacks.

I do too! I don't think Shotton is as bad as people make out, but I do think George has been on a steady decline for the past season or 2.

• Like 1