oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

10 hours ago, Tom said:

It's not even July yet. 

Plus, getting linked with a player early has no bearing on how high up the list they are. Koroma might have been made available say, a week or two ago, and we registered our interest just to test the waters.

Becker I think probably was a target, but we won't be the only club that misses out on players this summer. 

had a frightening reading moment then,  sprang out at me like....Pulis  getting linked....

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Hey gang, I've been without internet for most of the week. Could someone please provide a brief summary of anything transfer related for us. 

?

Some people disagreed on former players whether they should come back or not. 

2 of our alleged targets Knudsen and Koroma have gone to other teams.

Downing has gone to Blackburn 

I got a like for a couple of my posts.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Tom said:

It's not even July yet. 

Plus, getting linked with a player early has no bearing on how high up the list they are. Koroma might have been made available say, a week or two ago, and we registered our interest just to test the waters.

Becker I think probably was a target, but we won't be the only club that misses out on players this summer. 

It’s not July no, but with the deadline being 8th August we still have only 6 weeks to get things done, it’s not like we still have another 2 months like before.

Does it generally feel like more money has been thrown about early this summer with Madrid splashing so much cash? Or about the same as last year with Liverpool doing the same? 

50 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

It’s not July no, but with the deadline being 8th August we still have only 6 weeks to get things done, it’s not like we still have another 2 months like before.

Yeah that's true. But even in summer 2017, when it felt like we got everyone we really wanted, our earliest signing was Cyrus Christie on July 10th. I wouldn't be too concerned about 'missing out' on players unless we head into the second week of July or so without any new signings.

9 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Does it generally feel like more money has been thrown about early this summer with Madrid splashing so much cash? Or about the same as last year with Liverpool doing the same? 

It feels to me like it has barely got going to be honest.

I think with the Internationals only being recent the big money moves will happen in a week or 2 when international players return from there time off. I expect United to spend over 100million again and City will probably spend near enough that. I think Villa will do a Fulham and throw 10s of millions this summer as well. 

I mean Hudds Examiner say Koroma was signed as a 3rd striker behind Grant and Mounie even if we were in for him doesn't seem like a huge loss at the moment. The Becker loss to Union Berlin is a little concerning to me it's not like he's gone to a mid table top 4 league team if Berlin was the height of our competition for a free agent and we missed out it's a yikes. The 'agent' excuse has been used eternally from Ross' agent at Leeds 6 years ago to Becker there's a point where it becomes a catch all out for missing out on targets every summer.

Usually we wait around for a target, miss out, wallow in self pity then scramble for scraps like Puncheon I'm hoping we moved on from Becker a week ago not a day ago.

1 hour ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Some people disagreed on former players whether they should come back or not. 

2 of our alleged targets Knudsen and Koroma have gone to other teams.

Downing has gone to Blackburn 

I got a like for a couple of my posts.

Underwhelming but thank you for the update !

17 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I mean Hudds Examiner say Koroma was signed as a 3rd striker behind Grant and Mounie even if we were in for him doesn't seem like a huge loss at the moment. The Becker loss to Union Berlin is a little concerning to me it's not like he's gone to a mid table top 4 league team if Berlin was the height of our competition for a free agent and we missed out it's a yikes. The 'agent' excuse has been used eternally from Ross' agent at Leeds 6 years ago to Becker there's a point where it becomes a catch all out for missing out on targets every summer.

Usually we wait around for a target, miss out, wallow in self pity then scramble for scraps like Puncheon I'm hoping we moved on from Becker a week ago not a day ago.

Agents do often cock a lot of things up though, there's a reason it's a common cause of failed dealings. He just got a new agent too and it's Raiola, who is notorious for *** like this. 

17 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

It may be purely down to personal preference. He may prefer to live in Berlin than Middlesbrough. 

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

What's Berlin got that we don't have!? ?

I suppose that there’s the seedy clubs, ladies of the night, far right views and hardcore techno. But then again, Berlin has its fair share of those too!

• Haha 5