oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Broke him is harsh. I'd argue his career was made stronger after that change, I doubt he regrets it either.

Getting 'daft' yellow cards in tough situations is the exact same thing the top players in his position often end up doing too. Players get beat sometimes, he plays in the position that can take a bullet for other people's mistakes, though he has certainly made more of his own the past couple of seasons. Hardly alone there, mind.

• Like 2
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, p_mards said:

If we're going to play a better standard of football next season then a holding midfielder like Clayton is vital. Having someone like him who is comfortable receiving the ball in tight areas and able to keep hold of the ball under pressure helps the teams shape to open up into an open style of play. This is especially key to giving our fullbacks the freedom to step upfield ahead of the CB's when we have possession in deep areas. We have no other central midfielder that can do that role to the same standard as Clayton. He's the sort of player that needs movement around him and down the flanks in particular. The team under Pulis provided none of that so it's little wonder he struggled in the past 18 months. Holding midfielder of his quality in the Championship are in very short supply so it would be madness to sell him this Summer considering we're supposedly aiming to play a better standard of football next season and beyond.

Can’t agree with that. If we want to play better football we need a better player than Clayton. He’s way too limited on the ball and slows everything down. Great terrier but screams handbrake. We probably need to sell a CM and he would be my choice unless someone is going to offer us our money back on McNair. Clayton is probably on decent wages too. 

Yeah I think clayton could have a vital role to play still. It's hard to really judge any ot our players over the last 18 months. The system doesnt lend itself to anyone but massive centre backs (which makes me terrified for flint when he actually has to play football). Clayton was actually decent in the premier league. Not amazing but didnt look overly out of place. Hes only regressed since weve been back in the championship and we dont knowhow much the way we played has caused that 

22 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Broke him is harsh. I'd argue his career was made stronger after that change, I doubt he regrets it either.

Getting 'daft' yellow cards in tough situations is the exact same thing the top players in his position often end up doing too. Players get beat sometimes, he plays in the position that can take a bullet for other people's mistakes, though he has certainly made more of his own the past couple of seasons. Hardly alone there, mind.

Okay yeah it may be harsh- I only said broke him because he does seem to have lost any attacking ability he once had lol but yes you're right overall it was made stronger.

12 minutes ago, king boro said:

luke freeman stuani adomah knudsen helder costa caravalho should all sign for boro 

Do you notice that sometimes you write the full name and sometimes you only write the surname?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Do you notice that sometimes you write the full name and sometimes you only write the surname?

yh i do but you must agree they will be exciting players to have to old heads stuani adomah knudsen costa caravalho all young exciting if leo is coming back karanka will as well and he should get these players if you where helder costa who would you play for karanka or bielsa 

1 minute ago, king boro said:

yh i do but you must agree they will be exciting players to have to old heads stuani adomah knudsen costa caravalho all young exciting if leo is coming back karanka will as well and he should get these players if you where helder costa who would you play for karanka or bielsa 

I'm not really that interested in football mate so I don't know.  I haven't heard of most of those people.

• Haha 2
24 minutes ago, king boro said:

and i caravalho from forest got on great with karanka stuani and adomah will play thier hearts out for karanka as well 

Aren’t you worried that AK will play Stuani on the wing when they both get here,?

I think that’s my biggest concern right now. 

2 hours ago, king boro said:

Stuani and Adomah definitely do not fall into the young category

22 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't mind keeping Clayton about the squad because he's a good egg and committed.. I just can't see us playing good football with him in the middle of it all.