oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It isn't 100% valid!  What about Downing is valid?  He was crap last season in an admittedly bad side but he's done bugger all for the past few years.  Lots of people want him gone and then when we're on the verge of getting rid of him suddenly we start talking about him as an option?  It can't just be me who realises how bizarre all of this is?

There is a news article dated today saying we might be an option for him. That's why it's valid. If there was a news artical linking us to anyone at all wed discuss it.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Just now, Neverbefore said:

There is a news article dated today saying we might be an option for him. That's why it's valid. If there was a news artical linking us to anyone at all wed discuss it.

What about it makes him a valid option for you as a Boro fan, for us as Boro fans?  I couldn't give a *** about the article, I'm asking why there are people who appear to want us to re-sign the bloke?  

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah and I'm discussing them as well and saying they are ridiculous suggestions.  Ok?

Sorry, if they improve the team?  Please explain to me how Downing improves the team that he is technically already a part of?  I'm all ears.

I dont think he does, other people do. Hence the discussion. Instead of dismissing people for even daring to mention the name, why not say why you dont think it would be a good idea and then move on?

Downing is a big no-no for me both in terms of his vastly declining ability and the fact that I think it would be a waste of money and a squad place. Just let him go and get someone with a bit of hunger and fire in their belly.

Just now, Neverbefore said:

I dont think he does, other people do. Hence the discussion. Instead of dismissing people for even daring to mention the name, why not say why you dont think it would be a good idea and then move on?

Why should I need to?  Why are there people who claim to want one thing and then almost immediately start backtracking from that?  And why can't I ask them why that is, seeing as how I'm kinda interested in it.  We've had weeks, months actually, of almost all of this forum wanting to see a new approach to things from Boro.  Lots of talk about it but when it comes to the crunch people cannot let go of the past, even for a player like Downing who has done next to nothing in the last couple of years.  We need to have a different approach in the transfer market and then this becomes let's sign Adomah, Gibson and Downing?  People can want whatever they like, I'm just confused as to how some people talk about one thing and then seem to forget it so quickly.  It's strange to me quite frankly.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Downing is a big no-no for me both in terms of his vastly declining ability and the fact that I think it would be a waste of money and a squad place. Just let him go and get someone with a bit of hunger and fire in their belly.

I don't think he wants to go, that's the issue.

I know it's not up to him but with Woodgate as manager I'd expect him to stick around in some capacity.

3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I still dont get why you're dismissing Gibson? You said it was financial but I didnt see you say anything similar about iheanacho who would cost more?

I thought it was nonsense to be honest so didn't even really give it the time of day.

Would send a hell of a message to people if as part of this bold new era of Middlesbrough football club they hand a 35 year old over a million pounds to stick around another year.

I thought we'd moved on from Downing he offered us next to nothing when he was 31 he's 35 next month if we're tight on money we wouldn't entertain it but what they do with Downing/Adomah is a big message about whether we're truly moving forward or not. Even Gibson coming back is a no from me we've moved on we have Fry who has a big season ahead and then Ayala/Flint next to him or a new CB depending on what Woodgate wants but bringing Gibson back just doesn't do anything for us his wages at Burnley are more than any player in our squad would it be worth the wage investment alone in an area we're actually already stacked in? Not for me any of these high earning ex players we need a clean break to stand any chance at moving the team forward not putting the boys back together and blowing up a wage bill for the sake of sentiment

• Like 1

Downing: No. Not even in a deeper position. I want to see a midfield 3 of Paddy with Wing and Sav. And I can say with near certainty Wing and Sav will score and assist more goals than Downing respectively.

Adomah: As part of a squad i think he a no brainer. Not as one of the main attacking players.

Gibson: Yes but only because in last season Ayala has become clumsy to point its proving costly. Dont rate Flint. A paring of Fry and Gibson would be great.

• Like 1

Downing wouldn't be on big bucks Iif he stays) and we hardly picked up a point during his March/April exile so his omission was a factor. As an old head for others (Tav) to learn from I wouldn't have a problem if he stayed.

If Woody thinks not then I am equally ok for him to go

Oh and we wouldnt be offering him £20k a week would we!

9 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

I don't think he wants to go, that's the issue.

I know it's not up to him but with Woodgate as manager I'd expect him to stick around in some capacity.

Of course he doesn't want to go. We're easy money and an easy job in his back yard. And there isn't issue with that, we just need to decide that he offers us nothing on the pitch. If he wants to play on then he needs to find another place. If he wants to help out there might be a case as a coach/assistant for one of the youth teams while he takes his badges providing he wants to go down that road. He obviously has a lot of ecperience that he can pass onto young talented players if he can manage that.

3 minutes ago, Boro 86 said:

Downing wouldn't be on big bucks Iif he stays) and we hardly picked up a point during his March/April exile so his omission was a factor. As an old head for others (Tav) to learn from I wouldn't have a problem if he stayed.

If Woody thinks not then I am equally ok for him to go

Oh and we wouldnt be offering him £20k a week would we!

He played more in March and April than he did beforehand I think.  And he played more mins in games we lost than games we won by the looks of it.   But whatever.