Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

After watching the press conference I don't think Downing will be coming back. All involved were very adamant about the new philosophy. 

Very pleased to hear about Randolph staying, hopefully we can shift out some deadwood, so we have less pressure to accept offers on him.

Also the £15 Million transfer pot sounds very good too. Doesn't quite tally up to how that past 3 seasons accounts look like (not including last season). But then maybe the season just gone we have performed better financially than we have been lead to believe. We won't have to full picture of that until next year. 

UTB!

8 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

After watching the press conference I don't think Downing will be coming back. All involved were very adamant about the new philosophy. 

Very pleased to hear about Randolph staying, hopefully we can shift out some deadwood, so we have less pressure to accept offers on him.

Also the £15 Million transfer pot sounds very good too. Doesn't quite tally up to how that past 3 seasons accounts look like (not including last season). But then maybe the season just gone we have performed better financially than we have been lead to believe. We won't have to full picture of that until next year. 

UTB!

Personally I think that will include expected outgoings 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Thinking of the wages some of the loanees will have been on, plus the players who have their contracts expiring. Think that alone is a big chunk off the wage bill. 

Plus if we get a few more outgoings I can certainly see us having £15 Million + to have to reshape the squad.

Just out of interest who do you think is potentially on the way out?

46 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I would assume the £15m would include the £5-7m sale of Braithwaite hopefully. The other unwanted players imo are likely to be Rudy and Marvin Johnson but i cant imagine us getting much for either two.

Rest of Squad i think has a future under Woodie unless a big bid comes in.

6 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I would assume the £15m would include the £5-7m sale of Braithwaite hopefully. The other unwanted players imo are likely to be Rudy and Marvin Johnson but i cant imagine us getting much for either two.

Rest of Squad i think has a future under Woodie unless a big bid comes in.

Not sure I think we're a bit heavy in CM if we're intent on blooding youngsters... maybe Howson and Clayton could go also? To make room for new people. I think there will be a large overhaul with a few key sales. The only issue is the identification of targets though. First signing will show us the intended way forward.

Keane working with Britt and Fletcher has to be a good thing for us. 

I think out of the midfielders it may just be down to whoever we get a offer for.

I'd think Saville/Howson/Clayton and Mcnair will all be available for a half decent fee. I'd be a little disappointed if Mcnair went as I do think there is a good player in there.

A lot of it will go down to what formation Woodgate wants to play too. You'd expect with him mentioning high press and liking Liverpool that it may be a 4-3-3. Maybe we do need 5/6 cm's if that's the case.

We are not actually that heavy in CM now Mikel and Besic left. It seems we are going to be playing 4.3.3 and the central midfielders currently are Wing McNair Saville Howson and Clayton. So that's 5 for 3 positions. 

19 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

We are not actually that heavy in CM now Mikel and Besic left. It seems we are going to be playing 4.3.3 and the central midfielders currently are Wing McNair Saville Howson and Clayton. So that's 5 for 3 positions. 

You'd have to assume those 5 would be supplemented by the youngsters Woodgate alluded to. So we may well be sorted in that area.

I'd be disappointed if we are sorted in midfield.... Needs a shake up as pulis, and even back to karanka before him it was hardly the quick uptempo football he was alluding to. With an aging cast that's only going to get slower... It's needs a revolution.