oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

My CM's starting for next year would be Howson and McNair, with Wing further forward. I'd accept a bid for Clayton if it came in tbh, I would for Saville too but doubt anyone will want him especially at £7m.

Honest question; is Tavernier really that good? We all seem to be saying 'build a team around Wing, Fry and Tav'. Fry and Wing have impressed me consistently, but I don't know if I've seen a great deal from Tav yet. Obviously this is slightly unfair as he wasn't utilised much by the Capped one. Whats people's thoughts?

Been said tons of times but I really want to see Tav in one of the midfield 3 roles. Think he'll be perfect there. Still dont think he quite has the raw pace or trick in his locker to play as a winger long term (although he should still have gotten far more game time than he has up to now).

He has great energy, is technically very good, and is excellent at making runs into the box. His finishing is very good too. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

My CM's starting for next year would be Howson and McNair, with Wing further forward. I'd accept a bid for Clayton if it came in tbh, I would for Saville too but doubt anyone will want him especially at £7m.

Honest question; is Tavernier really that good? We all seem to be saying 'build a team around Wing, Fry and Tav'. Fry and Wing have impressed me consistently, but I don't know if I've seen a great deal from Tav yet. Obviously this is slightly unfair as he wasn't utilised much by the Capped one. Whats people's thoughts?

I don't think I saw Tav have his best games. When I did see him I thought a league 1 loan for a year would be his development path. Looked neat and tidy, but I didn't see loads of pace. Obviously a talent as people who have seen him more have said he needs to be at the heart of the team. I just haven't seen that yet. 

4 hours ago, D.Z. said:

Pulis hated Britt because Britt tried to turn various players against him, alongside Braithwaite who he was very close to. One of the players they managed to turn was Tav, which is why Pulis barely played him.

Now Pulis is gone it should be a fresh slate for all involved under Woodgate (although maybe not Braithwaite.)

Pulis hated Britt long before Britt could’ve done anything like that.

Weren't you telling us all last season that Britt wanted out?

43 minutes ago, Will said:

Pulis hated Britt long before Britt could’ve done anything like that.

Weren't you telling us all last season that Britt wanted out?

I didn't say he wanted out, I said Pulis wanted him sold in January but Gibson wouldn't allow it.

21 minutes ago, king boro said:

my starting 11 next season randolph fry mcnair flint snodgrass tav savile wing adomah    fletcher britt 3 5 2

You don't want old plodders but you do want two 31 year olds operating as your wingers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just heard from a friend in Esbjerg (Denmark) that he was told (by a friend of Martin) that Braitwaithe would give it a go, if he is wanted by the club and Pulis was the only reason he wanted out. He was happy with the attacking style under Monk and was really frustrated from the start, when Pulis took over.

But the clubis having issues with him as a rebel and want rid if possible... 

Hearsay, but it's a rumour so I shared - Enjoy the Saturday dudes!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Just heard from a friend in Esbjerg (Denmark) that he was told (by a friend of Martin) that Braitwaithe would give it a go, if he is wanted by the club and Pulis was the only reason he wanted out. He was happy with the attacking style under Monk and was really frustrated from the start, when Pulis took over.

It would make sense. Even when talking *** I always though MB was very specific to only ever badmouth Pulis and not the club. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It would make sense. Even when talking *** I always though MB was very specific to only ever badmouth Pulis and not the club. 

I'd be more than happy to have him in the team if he was 100% committed, he'd be very effective in an attacking and pressing style. But I think too much has played out publicly for us to have him. He is allegedly our highest paid player too, and if the rumours of having a £6 Million offer on the table for him are true, I think we will cut our losses.

6 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Yes, it seemed like Pulis made it personal between MB and the club. I am sure JW will have would have sussed out his character. Whether we need his wages off the books though is another thing but that aside I think he would be a player suited to the style of play we want to implement.

If what Gibson said about our finances is true, I'd love him to stay. If we sell him wed likely have to pay as much to replace him and highly likely with someone with less quality. 

At the start of last season he was like adama - he dragged us through our first few good results of the season almost single handedly. Then his head went when pulis changed his tactics. Hes a professional and should get on with it, but hes also a human and it's very difficult to show your best when you're being asked to do things that arent in your skillset. 

• Like 1

I wonder if we'll here anything about that Sheraldo Becker soon. The gazette went pretty heavy on the story about him. Maybe now the manager situation is sorted things might move forward.

11 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

I wonder if we'll here anything about that Sheraldo Becker soon. The gazette went pretty heavy on the story about him. Maybe now the manager situation is sorted things might move forward.

He's a free transfer so definitely fits the bill. 

help me im poor kristen wiig GIF

whats this golden thread thing about?

also I'm looking forward to seeing who the first recruitments are now that we've got the team together. I don't expect anything for a week or two though.