Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Honestly, it all depends who the man in charge (and dare I say owner) is.

If we keep the footballing God that is Pulis then we can forget about any flair, pace or quality.

Any players in the youth that are willing to play lump ball may be given a chance while those that are technically good who should see more time on the pitch will be sent on their way.

This for me is key. The first signing has to be a manager. And hopefully one that like to actually set up to play football.

Have to agree with you 100%.

If we want to hold onto our good players then this has to happen.

Goodbye Pulis and Bauser and Gibson.

And Gill!

Only players we will look to keep... Wood Spence Wing Tav Fry Fletcher Saville.... the rest will go if money is right in my opinion

Any of this based on rumour, or just what you’d like to happen? I’d keep Howson and McNair too, probably little resale value, and two good, versatile players (under a decent manager). I’d rather have both of those over Saville.

Only players we will look to keep... Wood Spence Wing Tav Fry Fletcher Saville.... the rest will go if money is right in my opinion

Any of this based on rumour, or just what you’d like to happen? I’d keep Howson and McNair too, probably little resale value, and two good, versatile players (under a decent manager). I’d rather have both of those over Saville.

I'd give Saville away or put him down.

He's the epitome of Pulis, bang average clogger who works aaaard.

Just personal opinion as Howson is on a good salary and Mcnair hasn’t really lit it up albeit not given a chance admittedly.

I’d keep howson over saville but tbh I wouldn’t be bothered if he was sold aswell.

McNair I think has more to offer than we’ve seen.

Saville I wonder if some London club might fancy him if he hasn’t settled here, we’d have a chance of flogging him to Fulham I reckon.

I think we'll have to take a massive hit in terms of transfer fees but I still think there'd be interest in most of the players.  Before they came here most of them were seen as decent championship players so I think (hope) clubs will take a chance on them, but like I said, barring Randolph we won't be getting our money back on any of them.

We'll see.  I reckon we'll be paying many of them far more than they can get elsewhere so unless they choose to take a pay cut then we'll be stuck with them.  Randolph is on pretty decent money and is 31.  Goalkeepers play for longer but I'm not sure how many Premier League sides he'd get into so that combined with salary and age means that there won't be much of a market for him in my opinion.

I would be hesitant to write any player off who has been not selected or a poor performer under Pulis. The guy deemed Harrison not worthy of a game yet he's a regular for Leeds. Some of these players might come into their own under a more progressive manager who bothers to coach beyond defensive shape.

There are of course also players like Gestede who have been bad under a number of managers.

If we sell Randolph I’d like us to seriously take a look at Liverpool’s Kamil Grabara. He’s currently on loan at my club in Denmark but my god he is a real talent. He may only be young but if we could buy him we’d have a real talent on our hands. Wouldn’t mind throwing him in at championship level. But only on a permanent deal. He’s going to be a top player.

Just looking at some keepers in Premier League who we could possibly target if Randolph leaves. List in no particular order. Just keepers currently not getting a game.

1. Darlow at Newcastle

2. Hart at Burnley

3. Pope at Burnley (if Heaton remains no.1)

4. Ruddy at Wolves

5. Forster at Saints

6. Adrian at West Ham

7. Betinelli at Fulham

There are always a lot of goalkeepers of a fairly similar good calibre available on free transfers and manageable wages, furthermore if a team is performing well then it teams can still get promoted with a decent goalkeeper such as how we got promoted with Dimi and still had an exceptional goals conceded record, so it isn't necessarily an area of the team that you need to commit a lot of your budget at. Even this year Norwich have Krul who was a free transfer and Sheffield United have Eastwood on loan. Likewise, last season Wolves had Ruddy who was a free transfer and Cardiff had Etheridge who was a free transfer.

If we sell Randolph then I think we'll use it as means to ease the budget and use the money on other areas of the squad. Any goalkeeper we will get to replace him surely won't be as good as him but it doesn't necessarily matter if we rebuild the team sensibly this summer.

I saw Jamal Lowe from Pompey for the first time the other day - i think he would definitely fit the proposed new model and remember his name being mentioned in January. Looks pacey and direct.