Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Will said:

@Changing Times could you let us all know when a link or a player is ok to be discussed? Would hate for you to get your knickers in a twist every couple of days...

I'm discussing the link as well and saying it's ridiculous, I'm just also pointing out how ridiculous the people are who seem to want it to happen ?

Just now, Changing Times said:

I'm discussing the link as well and saying it's ridiculous, I'm just also pointing out how ridiculous the people are who seem to want it to happen ?

Your discussion of the link is telling other people to not discuss the link..

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Your discussion of the link is telling other people to not discuss the link..

No, my discussion is asking people why they claim to want one thing and then immediately appear to be wanting the opposite.  Do people want Boro to do things in a new way or not?  If the answer to that is yes then feel free to explain how some of these prospective signings fit in with this new approach because I don't see it.  It's just a repeat of what always happens on Oneboro which is that people seem to have this longing for the familiar even if they didn't actually like it all that much the first time around.  Have I imagined the last 6 months or more?  Was there a clamouring for players like Downing to be offloaded?  Now that we are on the verge of it people are seriously suggesting we should hang on to him because he's got a lot to offer?  There can't just be me on this forum who realises how crazy that is? 

• Like 2

Dude. Downing was linked as an option therefore he is viable to be discussed as to whether people think he has anything left in the tank. 

Why are you making such a mountain out of a mole hill here? This thread is to discuss links to potential transfers EVEN if they're not transfers anyone would actually want.

Just because most of us want to go younger and hungrier doesnt mean we shouldnt discuss all the options linked with us.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

No, my discussion is asking people why they claim to want one thing and then immediately appear to be wanting the opposite.  Do people want Boro to do things in a new way or not?  If the answer to that is yes then feel free to explain how some of these prospective signings fit in with this new approach because I don't see it.  It's just a repeat of what always happens on Oneboro which is that people seem to have this longing for the familiar even if they didn't actually like it all that much the first time around.  Have I imagined the last 6 months or more?  Was there a clamouring for players like Downing to be offloaded?  Now that we are on the verge of it people are seriously suggesting we should hang on to him because he's got a lot to offer?  There can't just be me on this forum who realises how crazy that is? 

To be fair, I've never said I wanted rid of Downing and last season I didn't agree he was entirely rubbish either, me and you disagreed on that front once or twice.

But I see what you're getting at. 

Having said that, I'd be open to having both Gibson and Adomah back too. I was happy enough for Gibson to go last year as he deserved a move the year before that. And wanting Adomah in the Championship for a season or 2 at the right price doesn't feel to me like we're treading over ground we tried to move away from so much. We got rid of Adomah at a time we were in the Prem and have since lost his replacement a year ago.

We know all their qualities at this level and I'd be happy to have them back at the right price, whether that's a realistic thing or not.

7 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I think it would really stupid to bring back Downing, the guy has practically stole a living for the last few years. He used to be good, and used to have great cross but watching him last season he was awful on too many occasions. 

The money would be better spent on a younger faster player. The lad from Cardiff or even the dutch lad. Or even if we are going down the academy route get brahimi signed up to a new deal.  

Edit not sure why its replied to sds 

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

People have different opinions CT, just because the majority would prefer Downing to leave doesn't mean that some people wouldn't see what he could offer the team. The forum isn't one person with one opinion it's an entire spectrum, just like not all of us agree that we need a "revolutionary new approach" and that our problems will be solved by buying prospects and introducing youth.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Foogle said:

People have different opinions CT, just because the majority would prefer Downing to leave doesn't mean that some people wouldn't see what he could offer the team. The forum isn't one person with one opinion it's an entire spectrum, just like not all of us agree that we need a "revolutionary new approach" and that our problems will be solved by buying prospects and introducing youth.

I'm talking about people who seemed to want rid of him now speaking about him as an option.  I'm talking about the people who have said they want a new approach seemingly now talking about something that seems kinda familiar to what we've done before.  Clearly my memory is failing me here however so I will bow out and watch how things progress from a distance, if nothing else it will entertain me.

re  Adomah, Gibson and Downing ....on two of them i can see the need for and against .  the other (Downing) ...well i wont even start to list the reasons why not....except to say that in my honest opinion his last spell here has been right up there with the worst signings since moving to the riverside and god knows theres been some terrible ones .

Adomah .icant see that hed be anywhere near the player he was first time round (worrying similar to the guy above in worst case scenario)..but he covers a position that short term may benefit the squad  whilst transforming things.

Gibson ..in reality is the only one of the three that ..if a sensible deal finacially was structured , would be a big improvement to us  .  he compliments Ayala and is tenfold the defender Flint is 

so a yes ,a very slight minor possiblility and a distinct no  for me